~11~

TW - DISTURBING CONTENT

I was running. Running from who knows what going who knows where. I heard screams, screams of my family, my real family, with Toby and Mom and Dad. I stop to catch my breath. I sit down, and in front of me is a house. My old house. Fire danced around, making beautiful art (idc what y'all say fire is beautiful [not like forest fires and things like that just fire by itself please don't get me canceled ;-;]). Thick, black smoke hovered my home, I see my brother shouting in the window, my mom running through the halls, screaming for my father to get Toby and me out of the house. 

The sounds of the sirens flooded my ears as the fire trucks pulled into our driveway, people gathering in to watch as the fire consumed our house. Toby ran out, his green button-up ripped and burned, holding the younger me. Tears were in her eyes, looking back at the house. Toby pulled her away and kept running to the firemen, the screams of my parents were heard from inside the house. 

 He stopped where I was standing. Toby looked me dead in the eye and said -

"This is all your fault." 

"W...what?" I said. No. This isn't my fault. 

"This is all your fault."

"No...NO! NONE OF THIS WAS MY FAULT!"

"You're the reason we're orphans."

"SHUT UP!"

"You're the reason our parents are dead." He slowly started aging. Aging till he looked like he was now. "This is all your fault, Y/n."

"T-toby please,"

"YOUR FAULT!"

I shot up, drenched in sweat, tears running down my face. I looked around in panic, then  realized

It was all in my head.

I laughed to myself, how stupid I must be to hold on to something that long ago. I shook my head and looked at the clock. '2:17 a.m.'

"Perfect," I said. "Just what I needed." I decided to get up and move around a bit, so I went downstairs. I wanted to go for a walk but wasn't sure if I was allowed to. I did it a bunch at the orphanage, so why shouldn't I be able to do it here? I grabbed a paper and pen and wrote down this.

"I woke up early so I went to go for a walk, sorry if I'm not supposed to.
                     -Y/n"

I put it on the table and slowly made my way to the door.

"And where do you think you're going?"

Crap.

A/n

I'm trying to update a bit quicker and stuff, sorry for the short chapter!

I hope yall liked the angst, it was my first time writing it :D

-Bee