Chapter 2

No way, not possible! Crispin tossed his jacket off onto the floor in a huff. There was no way that girl was staying here. How dare she assume such a thing? This was the House of Goths. No mundanes allowed!

He had finally found a place where he could be himself. There was no way he would give that up. What had she been thinking, coming all this way in the dark, dragging that huge suitcase, falling asleep on a strange porch?

Was she not the same girl from the diner the other day? The one who'd shot off after one look in his direction, as if he were the devil himself?

What did she know anyway? Crispin studied his gaunt reflection in the mirror. He tossed his long sable black hair back, squared his shoulders and puffed out his chest. So what if he wasn't what society deemed an attractive man. Plenty of girls found him pleasing to the eye. Goth girls anyway.

***

Well, this could be interesting, living with a girl in our midst. Dorian smiled, taking off his shirt and posing in front of his mirror in the privacy of his room. He gave his floppy mohawk a shake, winking at his reflection. One thing for sure, it would mean no more running around in his underwear. Although if she wanted to run around in her underwear, well...

***

Kell had just drifted off to sleep when a scream tore through the house. What the deuce! Grabbing for his discarded sweatpants, he shot out of his room.

"What's happened?" he asked before it became plainly obvious.

There in the hallway stood both Crispin and Dorian. Both were semi-dressed like himself, wearing only pyjama bottoms, looking quite freaked out. Cowering in the corner in front of them, completely petrified was the girl from the front porch.

"Damn it, what are you two up to?" Kell scoffed, pushing past them, moving towards the terrified girl.

"Nothing!" Crispin responded indignantly. "I merely got up to take a piss. How was I supposed to know that she was in there?"

"He's right, Kell. It's not his fault," Dorian said, backing up his distraught friend.

"See, this is exactly why she cannot stay here!" Crispin said with his chin up defiantly.

"For God's sake! Can't you see you're scaring her?" Kell spat, shaking his head. "Now back off and leave her to me." Taking pity on the diminutive girl, he knelt down slowly by her side. "What's wrong with you two? It's not like you've never been around women."

"Like you're some kind of expert!" Crispin snarked.

"Hey... you're all right, love," Kell said, ignoring Crispin's remark. "It's Becky right?"

Becky's heart raced in her chest. Imagine her shock, having woken up in a strange bed, not knowing how she had gotten there. When she had gathered up the courage to investigate her situation, she realized that she needed to pee before she could do anything else. She managed to stumble her way in the dark and find the bathroom.

She had just finished taking care of business when the door was abruptly flung open to reveal to her one of the oddest looking creatures she had ever seen.

***

"What the... fuck!" he gasped, just as shocked as she.

Literally jumping off the toilet and staring wide-eyed at the ghostly apparition, Becky let out a blood-curdling scream. Reacting purely on instinct, she bolted. Using all of her might, she pushed by him, consequently crashing into a second wraith-like creature.

Though judging from the force of the impact into a solid mass of muscle and bone, she came quickly to the conclusion that these apparitions were not ghosts at all, but two very real men.