Chapter 45

The next few days around the house were pure bliss as far as Becky was concerned. For the most part, everyone was happy enough to laze around the place. Mornings were spent at the breakfast table, perusing local flyers for sales. Afternoons were spent napping in various rooms, and evenings were spent watching movies together in the front room.

Dorian was all smiles, coming and going with Heather, running off upstairs together for hours on end, while Keegan was happy enough to lounge about. Becky and Kelley couldn't keep their hands off each other. They were always sneaking off into dark corners, to make out away from prying eyes.

Crispin, on the other hand, went from melancholy to all out misery. While he was happy for his housemates, it was killing him to be around all that domestic bliss.

Christmas Eve morning, Becky greeted the unhappy Goth in the kitchen, just as he'd poured himself a cup of coffee.

"Are you off to see Gracie, today?" Becky asked as he kindly poured her a cup.

"Why would I do that?" he asked, taking a seat at the kitchen table.

"To give her your present?" she suggested. "Perhaps she'll change her mind when she sees the pretty bracelet. She'll realize how thoughtful you are."

"Fat chance of that ever happening..." he said, giving her a quirky smile.

Becky sat beside him and observed the sullen expression on his otherwise beautiful face. "What a terrible waste," she said, reaching out and lightly stroking his dark wavy mane. "She doesn't deserve you, Crispin."

"She's better off without me," he said, gazing out the back window.

"She doesn't appreciate what she's got, foolish girl," Becky said, placing her hand over his. "I just can't understand why she would pass up the chance at..."

"That's enough, Becky," he said with a frown. "I know you think you're helping, but you're not."

"I'm sorry..."

"It's just that... you have a way of filling me up with hope," he said, turning his fingers around and grabbing hold of her hand.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"It is, when you're me." He gave her hand a firm squeeze, then got up and left the kitchen.

Moments later, Dorian and Heather appeared all smiles and giggles. "Good morning, you two," Becky said, watching as Heather's cheeks flushed at being caught. The two of them couldn't even be bothered to get properly dressed. Dorian showed up wearing only sweat pants, his heavily tattooed chest on display. Heather wore only an oversized t-shirt of his, and fluffy slippers on her feet.

"Hi Becky," Heather chirped, standing by as Dorian proceeded to make her breakfast.

"Hey, you..." Dorian said, ruffling Becky's hair. "Want eggs? I'm making everyone breakfast!" he announced proudly.

"Sure thing, Dorian," Becky smiled as Heather sat down at the table.

"Isn't he amazing?" Heather said with a sigh.

"He is that," Becky agreed, watching the dynamics between these two seemingly opposites. Heather with her blonde hair and fresh face. Dorian, well what could she say other than he wasn't exactly the type of guy, Becky imagined Heather would be into, yet here they were, so obviously into each other.

And then there was Kelley... Becky couldn't contain her admiration when he entered the kitchen, looking all Gothed up so early in the morning. The man rarely dressed down. Not that she was complaining. He was absolutely gorgeous in his glorious Gothness.

"Good morning, love." He greeted Becky first with a kiss on the cheek. "Heather, how are you?"

"Fine..." Heather said suddenly very shy. She was like that, Becky observed. When it was just her and Dorian, Heather was quite comfortable and chatty but as soon as any of the other guys appeared, she immediately clammed up.

"Dorian's making us breakfast!" Becky said, following Kell's glorious butt with her eyes as he poured himself some coffee. Sometimes, she still couldn't quite believe that this mouth-watering specimen of hunky manliness was all hers.

"Is that right? Then I'll have mine over easy, mate," he said, playfully slapping Dorian on the shoulder.

***

To be continued...

****

Did you enjoy this chapter? If you did, be kind enough to give it a star. Every little bit helps!

Hey, don't forget to hit the FOLLOW button, and be sure to add House of Goths to your WATTPAD Library, so you don't miss the latest chapters and updates.

****

House of Goths Copyright © 2014 by Maria Bernard ISBN: 978-0-9938067-3-5

****