YEAR SIX - Chapter One-Hundred-and-Ten

Happy reading :)

 Silvanna had not expected to be as excited as she was to go back to Hogwarts. For one, she'd loved staying at the Lupin's all summer, and seeing all her friends whenever she wanted, and writing to them with Betsy. And two, it meant she'd have to see all the people she didn't like as well. Like Mulciber, Avery, her brother, little Reggie - the list seemed endless.

 But on the first of September, Silvanna was up and ready to go in plenty of time, and entered the living room in time to see Hope putting her coat on. "Mum, you really don't have to come with us," Remus was complaining from next to her. It made Silvanna laugh, the height difference between the two, especially given how tall Hope had seen the first time they'd met. "We can manage."

  "I like to see you off properly, at the platform," explained Hope. "You know that, we had the same conversation last year."

 "My mum always took us to the platform," Silvanna said. "It's what parents do."

 "Are you-?" Remus began.

 Silvanna grinned. "Pulling the dead-mum card? Yes, I am." He opened his mouth in protest. "And don't try the werewolf card because the full moon's not for another week," she warned. He closed his mouth.

 Thirty minutes later and they were stepping off the London Underground and walking through King's Cross station. Silvanna had never got the Underground before - or the Tube, as she knew it was sometimes known - but found it absolutely fascinating. It reminded her a little bit of apparating, but slower. That wasn't to say it was slow; she stepped onto it at Charing Cross (having flooed to he Leaky Cauldron), and minutes later was stepping off at King's Cross. It was brilliant how fast it went.

 It was quarter to eleven by the time they passed through the barrier at platform nine-and-three-quarters, so they decided to quickly say goodbye to Hope, before boarding the train right away. "Thank you so much," said Silvanna, while Remus stood by impatiently. "For having me, and looking after me-"

 "You've been a pleasure, Silvanna," said Hope, smiling at her fondly. Silvanna couldn't help but smile back. "You know you're always welcome."

 "Thank you," Silvanna said again, as the ten minute warning whistle sounded out.

 "Come on!" urged Remus. "Or someone'll nick our carriage."

 "Alright," said Silvanna, grabbing her trunk and Betsy's cage. "Let's go. Bye, Hope!"

 "Bye, you two!" called Hope as they stepped aboard. "Behave!"

 Fortunately, Peter had arrived long before them, and was happily flicking through his chocolate frog cards when they arrived. "Hello," he said pleasantly, as the pair took their usual seats opposite each other by the window. "Good summers?"

 "We saw you last week, Wormtail," said Remus with an eyeroll.

 "Merlin, Remus," said Silvanna. "What's got your wand in a knot?"

 "It's not-!"

 "It is."

 "I'm just-" But Silvanna didn't get an explanation, because just as the train began to roll away, the compartment door flung open, and James, Sirius, and their trunks tumbled in, laughing already.

 "Oh, look," said James, flopping into his seat by the door after easily lifting his trunk onto the railings. "Everyone's cosy already."

 "Everyone good?" asked Sirius, looking around and doing the same, also grinning. He didn't wait for a response. "Good. So, down to business."

 "Merlin," mumbled Silvanna, reaching into her bag for Astronomic and Alchemic Methods. She couldn't believe they were onto pranking already - it usually took them a good hour of the journey to get into it.

 "Ah, ah," said James. "Not you, Anna. We need your help on this one."

 "My help?" asked Silvanna, with a suspicious frown. They nodded enthusiastically. "You want to prank my brother then?"

 "Bingo!" said Peter.

 "Were you in on this?" Silvanna asked Remus, now grinning.

 "I've told them it's a terrible idea," he warned. So that was why he was so grumpy today.

 "Oh, it definitely is," said Sirius, mischief sparking inside him as he clasped his hands.

 "That's the brilliance of it," James agreed.

 "Go on then," she said. "What's the plan?"

 "We want to make your brother so furious with us, he gets himself expelled," said Sirius.

 "Not expelled," said Peter. "Just in a load of trouble."

 "We risk our lives in the process," Sirius said.

 "But it'll be so worth it," said James.

 "Go on then," repeated Silvanna, excited to hear what could have taken so much planning and got them this excited.

 "Me and you are dating," said Sirius. Silvanna felt sure the three of them were going to burst into jazz-hands any second.

 She turned to Remus. "You were right."

 "What?" exclaimed James and Peter.

 "He bloody hates me, that's what," said Silvanna. "He won't care. It'll probably make him happy that I'm going out with Hogwarts's Casanova." Remus snorted.

 "That's where you're wrong, Anna," said Sirius smoothly. "You see, being a Black has its perks. One of them being that we hear everything. Snivellus was supposed to be meeting Reggie and some other wannabe Death Eaters over the summer, but he couldn't. Why? His argument was that he needed to be at home, with you."

 It took Silvanna a few moments to process this. It didn't make sense - he'd left her. But only after their father was gone... He had tried to leave before... But if what Sirius had said was true...

 "I can't see why it would hurt," she said eventually. "Us, I mean. Not Severus."

 "Yes!" said Peter.

 "What?" exclaimed Remus, clear disbelief on his face. Silvanna shrugged.

 "It was going to be James," said Sirius. "But he didn't want to risk it with his dear Lily-flower."

 "I'm still not sure you'll manage it," said Remus. "You got with half the girls in the school last year. Now you've got to be with one, and not get with her."

 "That's a good point," Silvanna agreed. "That's going to be torture for you."

 Sirius only grinned. "Sheer spite will keep me going."