fourteen

"hey, y/n!" jean waved over to you in the hallway. you looked behind you, as you stood and waited for him to get closer. "what's up?" you questioned jean.

"are you good friends with eren?" you stare, confusingly. you just realized that you haven't heard from him since yesterday afternoon.

"yeah, i guess. why?"

"i don't know man, but he seems really upset about something. he won't tell me a thing. he keeps telling me to leave him alone."

you curiously lean in towards jean, "i didn't even know he was upset. do you want me to ask him?"

"well, you can try. armin, his closest friend even tried to ask him, but he didn't tell him either." "something must've made him really upset."

you patted jean's shoulder, "i'll text him and ask." he smiles. "thanks, y/n. you seem to be doing better." you look around the hallway, trying to distract yourself from crying.

"oh, uh- yeah. i'm doing better." "that's good to hear. well, i gotta get going to my next class! mr. ackerman would kill me!"

he sprinted down the hallway, as you pulled out your phone.

hey eren

hello?

eren??

answer me eren
read at 1:32 pm

it was unlike eren for him to not respond back to your texts. you knew something was wrong, and that he was mad.

but you didn't know that you were one of the reasons for him distancing himself from his friends. it was last period, and that meant you would see eren soon.

as soon as you walked into the classroom, you searched for him everywhere. there was no sign of eren. while mrs. zoë talked about the textbook that was in front of you, you stared at the empty desk eren sat in.

you thought about giving eren some space, maybe that's what he wanted. but no. he wanted you far, far, far away from floch. eren did not like floch one bit. after you told him about yours and floch's old relationship, he hated him even more than before. if you told eren the real truth about you and floch splitting, he would've probably broke floch's nose by now.

everyone headed for the exit of the room, "hey, y/n!" the teacher yelled over to you. you turn your head towards them. "yes?"

"do you know where eren is today? i suppose you know since you and him walk together after my class."

you blinked as your cheeks tinted pink, "uh, i actually don't know where he's at." she nods, "well, tell me if you see him around. i don't want him to miss out on the important lesson i'm giving out tomorrow!"

you smile, "don't worry, i will."

-

while walking to the vending machine to get a drink, you saw armin passing by. "oh, hey armin!"

armin stops walking in his path and rotates his head to you. "yeah?"

"have you seen eren today?"

he beamed while rubbing the back of his neck, "yeah, i have. he was in my chemistry class, and he was walking around campus. but he didn't talk to me or mikasa. and also, i was wondering. do you know what's up with him?"