Trial

Stepping through the portal was like walking into a thin sheet of cool water. If Noelle hadn't been so fascinated by what she she saw once she came through, she would have definitely investigated the gateway further.

It was like going from one scenario to another. One minute she was in the Fields and the next she was in an impeccably white room that actually sparkled.

The room was completely white save for the clear blue crystal that was protruding from the ground like a stalagmite.

"You're dripping on my floor." A voice commented dryly that made Noelle jump and look around warily. But there was no one else in the room. "What did you do, fall in the river?"

Looking down, Noelle realized that she was indeed soaking wet.

The owner of the voice sighed. "I'm behind the gigantic blue crystal that's sticking out of the ground like a stalagmite. And before you say anything, yes I can read your mind and am currently reading it right now."

Noelle frowned. She did not like having her mind tapped into.

"So does everyone else; you're no exception."

From behind the crystal, a woman with long hair the color of black ink stepped out into the girl's view. Her eyes were the same colour of the sky. She was tall too and could easily pass for being a super model.

"So," The woman said, ignoring Noelle's gaping stare. "You must be the one I'm suppose to give the trial to."

Her voice snapped Noelle out of her musing.

"Yes," Noelle flushed a little. "The gladiator angel who talked to me said that it was time for my trial as an... angel."

"Gladiator angel," The woman smirked. "Yes, that term suits Aelius just fine."

So the name of the man from earlier was Aelius?

"Anyways," She said, redirecting Noelle's attention back to her. "As Aelius said, I will be the one who will give you the trial to determine whether you are worthy of being an angel of heaven."

The woman cleared her throat. "But before we go on, I guess I'm going to have to introduce myself. I go by the name of Seria and I am the Angel of Trials. Aelius serves as a messenger and is an Angel of Judgement as well."

Noelle paled. She made a complete idiot of herself in front of the Angel of Judgement?

Seria smirked and Noelle could tell she'd been reading her mind again.

"He's one of them. Luckily for you, Aelius wouldn't care either way about you embarrassing yourself in front of him." A brown file appeared in her hand and Seria began leafing through it. "Here it is! Let's see... Nicole Allie Kennedy, born January 21st of 1993 and died on May 27th 2011..." The angel looked up. "You died pretty young and you didn't even get the chance to graduate either."

Well excuse her for being too busy trying to clear up Madison's reputation from complete and utter ruin at the hands of the rich bitch Angie Hart.

"One Angie Hart decided to shoot the current girlfriend of a Jayden Matthews. Instead, you shoved the person who was intended to get shot out of the way and took the bullets yourself. Cause of death: Exsanguination." Seria looked up. "The irony of it all is that after you're killed by someone who's named after an angel messenger, you get the chance to become one yourself."

"Uh... yeah." Noelle could actually feel the jabs stabbing at her. "Are you done reading my personal file yet?"

Seria smiled. "I already read the entire thing; I just wanted to make you feel uncomfortable for my own amusement."