Friends

"Serra-san, come and have lunch with us!"

It took Noelle a few seconds to realize that it was her the person was calling over. She glanced over in the direction of where the voice had come from to see Kyoko waving her over with Hana.

So far it had been an uneventful few weeks with nothing out of the ordinary happening. No Tsuna declaring his love for Kyoko while wearing nothing but his boxers, no various explosions all happening in Namimori courtesy of a certain smoking bomb Gokudera, and no sadistic Reborn putting Tsuna through pure hell as he trains him to be worthy of the title of Vongola Decimo.

The only thing worth noting was that Noelle had caught several boys in the act of forcing Tsuna to be their gopher about a week ago. Noelle promptly fixed that by threatening to kick their butts in front of the whole school where everyone could see them being publicly humiliated by a girl, a threat they took very seriously after one guy had to recover in the nurse's office after he had implied she was stupid due to her hair colour.

And all she had done was lightly punch him.

Grabbing a nearby desk, Noelle pushed it over to make Kyoko and Hana's two desk island into a threesome.

Okay, that just sounded wrong.

"Huh, store bought food again?" Hana asked, shaking her head at the plastic container bento that was holding Noelle's meal.

"Yup." Noelle said curtly. She did not want to go into a long conversation explaining why she couldn't make home made meals without destroying something. And anything she did manage to make always looked unappetizing.

"Can't you cook, Serra-san?" Kyoko asked her.

"Not really." Noelle said, carefully phrasing her words. "The only thing I can actually make without anything going wrong are cupcakes."

"So how come you decided to attend school here?" Hana asked, leaning forward.

"Hana-chan!" Kyoko scolded her friend lightly. It was rude to ask something like that!

'What? I'm just curious." Her friend said. "I just want to know why she decided to attend school here in Namimori instead of Tokyo or something. That's where most foreigners go, anyways."

"Hana..."

"It's fine." Noelle smiled at Kyoko reassuringly. "I can see where Kurokawa-san is coming from." Phew, she remembered to add the suffix '-san' at the end of her classmate's name. She did not want a repeat of the incident with the second year girls.

Hana snorted. "Don't be so formal; call me by my first name."

"But to answer your question, the one who taught me Japanese used to live here."

That was a blatant lie, but she could hardly tell the girls that she had actually come to Namimori to do her job as Tsuna's Guardian Angel.

"He said this was a nice place. Also, I prefer towns over huge cities. Much more quieter, the air's cleaner and you don't feel like a sardine in a can whenever you cross the street."

She wasn't sure if Tokyo was actually that populated since her example had come from her watching television but it made a good excuse as to why she preferred a town like Namimori where people weren't so used to foreigners rather than Tokyo where they weren't such a rare sight.

Well, she was the only one around for now.

"So do you like it here?" Hana asked, her dark eyes boring into Noelle.

Like she was going to say no with the way her classmate was staring at her like that.

"Uh-huh."