Rain Guardian 2

The blonde bit her thumbnail as she agitatedly glanced up at the clock. Only fifteen minutes had passed, but it felt like an eternity having to wait for the doctor to apply the cast onto the baseball player's broken arm.

Since Noelle didn't have the number of Yamamoto residence or the restaurant his dad owned and Yamamoto himself was in too much pain to tell her anything, it was the woman at the receptionist desk who had to be the one who to break the bad news to his father about what had happened to his son.

Her foot tapped the white polished floor impatiently, as she continued her bad habit of chewing on her thumbnail whenever she was nervous. She had to learn to control that, since she realized a long time ago that it was a good indication for any keen observer that she was lying or not entirely telling the truth or a nervous wreck.

But she couldn't help it.

His suicide attempt was a failure and yes, Tsuna was going to save him; but this wasn't fiction anymore. Yamamoto was an actual living, breathing person. She had been told repeatedly by the Serafin and even herself that in whatever form they existed back in her old world, it was much different here and that she had to learn to adapt to that otherwise she could end up seriously screwing things up from what she had knowledge of.

Like someone getting killed when they aren't supposed to die at that time.

But all that didn't seem to hit her until now.

And it hit hard.

How the hell was she supposed to make it through KHR without going insane when she was already freaking out about the beginning chapters of the story where Yamamoto literally owes Tsuna his life after the whole falling off the school roof fiasco? What they go through in the Kokuyo, Varia and Future arcs made the upcoming scenario look cute in comparison.

The last thought made Noelle laugh in a hysterical way; great, she was beginning to think her classmate's descent into depression was something to be giggling at.

"TAKESHI!" The yell made the blonde jump up in her seat and whirl her head towards the hospital entrance.

Rushing into the waiting room and towards the receptionist was none other than the owner of the sushi bar that Noelle occasionally ate dinner at, Tsuyoshi Yamamoto. She could tell that he came straight from the restaurant since he was wearing his chef outfit, not bothering to change out of it as he rushed to the hospital to make sure that his son was okay.

"Sir!" The receptionist glared at the man disapprovingly. "This is a hospital and I expect you to keep your voice down! Now tell me-"

She was cut off instantly when Tsuyoshi shouted at her in indignation, "MY SON IS IN THE HOSPITAL AND YOU WANT ME TO KEEP MY VOICE DOWN?"

Noelle winced at the volume of the man's voice and glanced towards the doors to indeed see the security quickly rushing towards them. Deciding that Yamamoto's dad getting kicked out of the hospital would probably end with stuff going down, she quickly went over to him and pulled him aside, shooting the guards a look that told them to stay away.

"Mister Yamamoto, calm down!" She said, her grip tightening around the man's shoulders as she dragged him outside to try and get him to calm down before they were kicked out. "Your son's alright! He just has his arm broken and the doctor's putting on the cast!"

The man, too caught up in his emotions about how his son was doing, finally stopped struggling within her grasp at her words. Now that he was no longer going to rush into the hospital like an enraged bull, Noelle let him go.

"Ah, it's you." Yamamoto's dad said, recognizing the person who had so easily pulled him outside.

"Um, yes." She said. "I was the one who was there when Yamamoto broke his arm."