Chapter 1 - Saying goodbye

When I first heard the news about my parents death I didn't know how to react

When I first heard the news about my parents death I didn't know how to react. Most people would cry but not me, when I heard the news it was like a switch in my body just flipped and I felt nothing,no sadness, no anger, no nothing.

My older brother Tony was sort of the same, he was strong when he heard but quickly ran upstairs and slammed his door, I know it hurts him a lot more than me, I guess you could say he's the favourite child or was now.

My baby brother Jack didn't know what was happening all he knew was that there was a new lady in the house talking to me and Tony and he just carried on playing with his toys.

Now my baby sister Bella is just a baby, she was just happily sitting in her baby bouncer.

A week later we had the funeral, but during the week everything just came crashing down.

I was still numb the first two days, but once it hit the third day it's was like I exploded.

At the time I was smoking with my best friend Lilly,another thing to know about me was that I love drugs and alcohol and I'm a party person, when ever I hear the word party I'm there and when I tell you I throw the best parties you better believe it.

Anyways, like I said I was smoking, while we were walking we came past a little Italian restaurant that my parents always took the family every Sunday,my mum say it's reminds her of home, as soon as I saw I just started balling my eyes out and then I ran, I heard Lilly running after me and calling my name but it was all a blur.

When my legs got tired I just stopped and looked where I was, I was by a lake in the park me and Lilly always hang out in.

Eventually, I heard Lilly come and sit next to me, I tried to stop the crying because it makes me feel weak to show emotions to others.

She didn't say anything and I liked that, she just sat the with me smoking. Lilly is one of the only people I think that kind of understands me, she knows I hate being asked if I'm fine or do you want to talk, she knows I just like to sit in silence and maybe when I'm ready to talk she won't say anything she just listens and that's why she's my best friend.

Now back to the funeral, I asked Lilly to come with me because I knew I wouldn't get through this with out her. My mum and dad thought of Lilly as a second daughter, she was always around us and we excepted her like another member of the family.

During the funeral, I didn't say anything or react to anyone talking I just blocked it out and looked at the grave stones.

Athena and Louis Cassanova:
Loving
Mother,Father,husband,wife

I felt one stray tear run down my face but I quickly wiped it away and without another word left to go back home.