Chapter 2 - The News

The day after the funeral the lady (Kate)that was so kind to look after us told us that we had to go to meet another woman to discuss where we are going to live

When we arrived we met a lady called Jen who was about to discuss about living situations. Now, my dads side of the family hates us and doesn't want anything to do with us and as for godparents it's my mum's  mum and dad, the only thing is they live in Italy.

As soon as Jen told me that my face dropped, I knew what this meant but I didn't want for it to be true. As soon as those world came out her mouth I didn't know what to say so I just sat there and blocked everything out. The discussion went something like this:

"Hello guys my names Jen, before we begin anything I just want to say I'm sorry for your loss I know what it's like losing a parent a young age I lost my mother and father quite young too." She said.

"Thank you" Tony said.

"Now about where you are going to stay the only know god parents are you grandparents from your mothers side, now I have been in contact with them and they are more than happy to have you come live with them, the only thing is that they live in Italy and you would have to move and live there until your 18 and then it's up to you, now I understand Tony your 16, Effy your 14, Jack is 3 and Bella is nearly 1,is that correct?"

"Yes." Tony answered, I just nodded I couldn't talk.

"Now we are giving you two weeks to pack everything before the big move, in the mean time late will continue to look after you and take you to the airport, at the airport you will have someone with you at all time. Now Tony and Effy you are both responsible for your younger siblings so you don't let go no matter what. I think that's it's, it was lovely to see you and once again I'm sorry for your loss."

As soon as we left I called Lilly to meet me at the lake she didn't question she just said ok. I told Kate where I was going and she told me to be back before dinner and with that I was off.

I was half way through smoking a spliff when Lilly came and sat down next to me.
"So, why did you want to meet me so randomly?" Lilly said.
I couldn't face her I just continued to look in to the distance as I told her.

"I'm moving to Italy in 2 weeks"

"What, your having a laugh Eff." She scoffs/laughs

I don't say anything, she stops laughing and looks at me.

"Oh my god, you really are." She says with tears in her eye

I just nod with tears falling down my face , suddenly she pulls me into a huge hug we don't say anything we just hug and don't let go. We stay like that for ages just hugging like it's was for the last time.

 We stay like that for ages just hugging like it's was for the last time