i. east high

{EDITED JAN. 13, 2023}

UNEVENTFUL, WAS A WAY OF DESCRIBING HOW MARIE FELT ABOUT STARTING AT EAST HIGH. Gina felt the opposite about the the day though, she was actually really excited to start new. Marie did agree with her on that, wanting and needing a fresh start somewhere new.

The two girls walked up to the school, passing through different guys in skateboards and couples holding hands. They both stopped in front of the doors, glancing at each other, "You ready?" Gina questioned, her hand outstretched for her sister to grab. Marie nods, grabbing her sisters hand, "Let's do it."

After visiting the office, getting schedules and locker assignments, the pair of sisters hung out before class started at Gina's locker. They looked a couple lockers down to see a boy and girl arguing quite loudly. "Come on, Ricky. You know what you did, or what you didn't do." The girl spoke, as Marie and Gina shared a look.

"I don't believe this." The boy said in disbelief, shaking his head. "You're blowing me off for some theater punk you met four weeks ago? At a lake?" He continued as the two girls acted like they weren't listening to the conversation.

    "You kinda dumped me!" The girl exclaimed. "It was a break not a break-up!" The boy said trying to defend himself.

    "I'm sorry, Ricky. But it's a break-up now." The girl said leaving everyone in silence.

    Marie looked over at Gina to see she's already look at her with a small smirk on her face. The two turn away from the lockers to see the girl and her friend walking away from the two boys. "First day of school and there's already drama." Marie mumbled quietly to Gina, "Yeah, way to start the year." Her sister stated as she was still looking at the two girls as they walk away.

《✭✭✭✭》

    THE SISTERS AS WELL AS THE REST OF THE SCHOOL SAT IN THE GYM, LISTENING TO THE PRINCIPAL TALK. "This year, East High has a new drama teacher with an announcement she swore, in writing, would not cost too much money." Gina's head perked up when they heard there was a new drama teacher, Marie wasn't much of a theater person but Gina loves it so she was interested about the new teacher.

    The principal moved to the side as a blonde woman walked up and then shot a cannon with a red t-shirt, "Go Wildcats!" The students were quiet as the shirt collided with a student, him coursing a small 'ow' in the process.

    "My name is Miss Jenn and when I heard that the high school where High School Musical was shot had never staged a production of High School Musical: the musical, I was shocked as an actress, inspired as a director, and triggered as a millennial." Millennial? After she said that everybody couldn't help but chuckle a little and look at her a bit confused.

    "Auditions are tomorrow after school. This could change your lives and I'm saying this as a background dancer from the original movie. Third from the left, back row, red headband, and those are my real teeth," She started saying but was cut off by a boy coming up next to her, "Meet your student choreographer Carlos, who will assist me through this process." Gina smirked, starting at feel excited about these new people, while Marie looked very nervous for what could happen.

    "We are auditioning for that musical." Gina said as they exited the gym to the next class.

    "Yup." Marie responded, not really paying attention to what she said. "Wait. What do you mean we?" Marie asked stopping in her tracks to look over at her sister, brows furrowed.