e i g h t

So Gina and I had to move, which means we couldn't do the show. We couldn't be in the show that we spend months working on.

I had accepted that we couldn't be in the show and we'll probably never see anybody from East High ever again. I thought this until I got a text from someone from East High, saying that they think Gina and I have to be there for the show, even just to watch. So they bought us both plane tickets to fly back to East High.

After Gina and I landed in Salt Lake City, we took a Uber to East High, Gina had made cupcakes and wanted to drop them off in the dressing room and go and cheer everybody on from the audience.

"You know, it's a little weird being back here." I say as we walk down the halls towards the gym. "We've only been gone for week." Gina says giving me a look. "We'll it feels like longer. I also didn't expect to be here on opening night." I reply as we make to the dressing room.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for Stick to the Status Quo. This is our biggest Act One showstopper, and you're all going to kill it because I love you. Any questions?" Miss Jenn announce coming into the room as Gina and I sat and in the doorway.

"I have a couple hundred." Kourtney said raising her hand. "How is the Taylor dance break gonna work? Gina's tray-ography is really complex." Seb asks pointing toward Kourtney. "I can run to the pit and have the orchestra cut that part." Carlos suggests, which makes everybody a little sad. "What about Marie's song? We didn't recast Kelsi." Seb questions. "Maybe they can just do it themselves." Kourtney exclaims looking toward Gina and I.

Everybody kind seems confused by Kourtney's statement until they look towards the door and see us.

"Gina! Marie!" Everybody calls out walking towards us. I go up and hug Carlos then Kourtney.

"Wow. You guys we don't wanna interrupt." Gina says. "How did you get here?" Carlos asks with the biggest smile on his face.

"A friend bought us a last-minute flight back. We were just gonna drop off these cupcakes and then go hide in the gym and cheer you guys on." I explain to everybody. "Girl, no one in the gym wants to hide more than an I do." Kourtney replies, "Wait, are you playing Taylor?" Gina questions.

"I was and it nice, and now it's your turn to save my butt and do the dance. Please. I'm asking you." Kourtney said holding out the red tray to Gina.

"Can I?" Gina looks towards Miss Jenn. She just waits a few seconds before responding, "Of course. You can do the curtain call together. Let's hit the halls, people!" Miss Jenn announces to everybody.

"I'll in the audience cheering you guys on!" I say as I start to turn around to leave the room. "Wait. Marie. You're not going anywhere. Who's gonna sing you're killer Act Two ballad." Miss Jenn says to me. "Wait, Really?" I ask, "Nobody can sing that song, but you." She says before walking into the hall.

———— [...] ————

Everything was going well until something happened with Ricky before Act Two and kind of messed everybody up.

I was about to on to sing Prom Queen, and I was really nervous. I tried to shake my nerves off but I just couldn't, I've never been in a musical before let alone sing a solo.

I guess E.J saw my nerves and came up to me backstage. "Hey, you good?" He asks, "Um..no...I'm this close to having a panic attack." I respond shaking out my hands and pacing back and fourth. "Okay, no you're fine. You're gonna do great out there, you shouldn't be nervous." E.J said grabbing my shoulders.