ii. beginning rivalry

[EDITED JAN. 31 2023]

IT WAS THE FIRST DAY OF REHEARSAL AND TODAY THEY WERE GOING TO DO THE FIRST READ-THROUGH OF THE SHOW. After school Miss Jenn everybody to meet in the rehearsal room which she also called the 'bomb shelter', for some reason. "I realize that you all walked in here as strangers." Miss Jenn says once everybody was seated.

      She was then interrupted by Ashlyn, "Actually, E.J.'s my cousin!"

Miss Jenn then continues with her speech. "But after today, you're a family. One tribe, to lifting this classic film to new heights." She is then interrupted again by Carlos who was taking a selfie with his choreographer sign, " She continues again "Please take your neighbors' hands. Feel each others energy. Let the silence speak volumes." Miss Jenn then continues with her speech saying, "In a world full of no, his is a space full of yes."

"Nice. Did you just come up with that?" Carlos says whispering to the teacher.

     She smiles and nods, "I did."

"We're all in this together. Once we know that we are.We're all stars. And we see that,We're all in this together. And it shows when we stand hand-in-hand. Make our dreams come true." Miss Jenn sang holding the last note for a long time, maybe a little too long.

Once she was done Ashlyn started clapping for her, but then stopped once she realized no one was clapping with her. Big Red then starts reading through the first act of the play very badly. Miss Jenn than stops him saying "Stop. Don't run it all together. Read the punctuation." Which he does but I think it just made it worse.

     This is a nightmare. Marie thought, as her mind raced, thinking of how this was a big mistake. After what felt like ages they were finally done reading through Act One, Marie sighed in relief that they were finally done with that for now.

《✭✭✭✭》

CARLOS WAS RUNNING PRACTICE FOR THE BOWS, "Okay, people. Let's take it from three counts of eight, right before Troy and Gabriella's entrance for the bows." Carlos announced, Marie stood off to the side, looking through the script and read her lines.

     The dancers then started the number and it was pretty good until Nini and Ricky came in, and Ricky was just messing it all up and obviously didn't know what he was doing. Everybody then stopped dancing, and they started bickering, "You're just doing this so we're in each other's grills."

    Carlos watched trying his best to get them to start dancing again. Marie rolled her eyes, starting to not listen to the ex-couple arguing, until Carlos says, "Okay,that's a five! On a break, people! Everybody out! Get out!" He exclaims, shocking everyone, as Ashlyn and Marie share a look of shock and walk out of the room.

      Marie quickly left the room, grabbing her stuff in the way out, deciding to just go home. Once Gina saw her leaving the school she followed after the girl, "Marie! Marie, wait! Where are you going?"

     The girl then stopped in her tracks, head whipping around to face her sister, "Home."

     Gina's brows furrowed, looking to her sister in confusion, "Wait, why are you going home?" She asked, hoping that she would change her mind.

    "Because I don't want to be here!" The redhead exclaimed, "I'm only here because you made me audition for the stupid musical! I could be doing something that isn't turning into a nightmare!" Marie continued, eyes starting to water, as she looked Gina right in the eyes the whole time. Marie sighs, as her sister was rendered speechless, she turns around and walks home.