f o u r

"Okay, everyone gather round." Miss Jenn announces walking into the room. "We have got a two-hour window before the storm is expected to hit,  and I intend to use every minute of it. Big, splashy group numbers always succeed at the Menkie Awards. So we need to workshop a punchy, breathtaking number that will put us in the number one spot."

     "As our head-choreographer. I am so happy to announce that today we will, at last begin rehearsing one of the most showstopping, iconic, and bar-raising numbers of the entire show." Carlos explains.

    "Be Our Guest. Yeah, it's Be Out guest guys." Gina answers. "Before we begin. I'm going to tell you a little story about hospitality." Miss Jenn says. Carlos whispers to her. "Maybe we should... Okay."

    "Once when I was a little girl, my mom and I heard a clatter come from the kitchen. We thought it was a burglar. So my mom ran over, hog-tied the man, and promptly called the police." Miss Jenn tells them as Ashlyn gasps. "As we waited for the cops to come, I watched my mother place a bowl of iced tea next to his face. 'Because,' she said, 'Until the police come and get him, he's still out guest.'" Miss Jenn finishes.

     "So, did he, like, get arrested or..." Kourtney asks. "No. Turns out, it wasn't a burglar at all, just a repairman who entered the wrong unit. But the point remains the same. Just like our intruder, we need to make Belle and out entire audience feel welcome. And with that, Carlos and Gina, take it away." Miss Jenn says.

     Ashlyn claps for Miss Jenn. Gina goes to stand in front of everybody. "Thank you, Miss Jenn, that wasn't terrifying at all." Ricky laughs. "Okay, so, my vision to make this dance really soar is to stage... wait for it, a Cancan-style dance that features a feather-dusting spectacle. I don't know, it'll probably go a little something like..." Gina explains, doing some high kicks.

    "Absolutely!" Ashlyn exclaims. "Oh? All right." Ricky says. "Yes, Gina!" Kourtney laughs. Carlos chuckles. "Interesting. I had a deferent path that's a little more elevated and less basic. Think. A noir-inspired performance that Lumiere guides our audience through the entire time." Carlos proposes.

    "M'kay. But I actually spent a month in France once, so I kinda know this dance inside out." Gina says. "And I choreographed all three of my sister's quinceañera dances, despite not getting one for myself, so I think I know how to twirl with a salad fork, okay?" Carlos argues.

"Okay! You know what? Let's stick a pin in Be Our Guest and brush up on Gaston. E.J and Big Red, to the front of the room, please." Miss Jenn says, Big Red stands up. "Wait, where's E.J?" Miss Jenn asks.

"Okay, if anybody sees E.J, would you please tell him that rehearsals are mandatory, even for soon to be college students who are obviously suffering from senioritis." Miss Jenn explains. Marie looks over to the door and gasps. "Nini!"

Everybody looks over to the door to see Nini standing there. "I don't wanna interrupt. I just needed one more group hug." Nini says. "Hugs available!" Miss Jenn agrees.

Everybody goes up to hug Nini.

...

"Listen up, everyone. I am going to step out for a little while to make sure that Nini catches her bus. Please go back to workshopping Be Our Guest concepts until I return, and find a path forward. I've asked Mr. Mazzara to pop in." Miss Jenn announces, as if on cue Mr. Mazzara comes in, scaring everybody.

"And make sure that you don't get too rowdy while I'm gone. Thank you, Benjamin." Miss Jenn says, walking out.

...