iii. blocking

ONCE EVERYONE GOES INTO REHEARSAL, CARLOS COMES IN TELLING EVERYBODY TO RUN 'Stick to the Status Quo'. Marie goes to sit at the piano, as everybody else gathers around as they start the song. Once they were done singing, Carlos announces, "I have no notes." Everybody then starts clapping and cheering for each other.

    It was the end of the day after rehearsals and Gina and Marie were in the dressing room getting ready to go home when Nini comes in.

    "Hey. Gina, Marie. Do you guys have a second?" Nini greets coming up to them. "That's all we have." Marie answered looking up to her for a second.

"I just wanna say, I don't know what happened with my phone, and I don't care anymore, and I know you guys don't like me very much. And I'm okay with that. But we have to find a way to respect each other, and I know that starts with me." Nini explains looking between the two sisters. Gina just looks up to her confused, "Okay?"

    "So, when I thought you stole my phone, I may have gone a little crazy, and then you said something mean and I may have gone extra crazy." She continues as Gina and Marie glance at each other, not having any idea what she was talking about.

    "Point is, I have come into possession of a few of you things and I would like to return them to both of you." Nini continued dumping a trash bag full of Gina and Marie's stuff onto the table.

    "Wow" She said in shock that she stole all of those things from them.

"I know, it was kind of a workout getting it all here. I don't know how you guys walk around with all of this stuff. You must be freakishly strong. Uh, but that's beside the point." Nini rambles as they just stared at her, brows raised.

"So, what is the point?" Gina questions before standing up to face Nini.

    "I'm not gonna be a doormat for you, I'm also not gonna be a klepto." Nini states looking them both in the eyes. "So we can all just stay in our lane and find out our own ways to thrive." She states before quoting the famous movie we all know a love, "Stick to the status quo."

Marie hummed in response, before Nini started again, "I hope you guys enjoy having all of randomly heavy stuff back. I'll see both at rehearsal."

Nini turns to walk away, Marie stopping her and stepping closer, "Just one thing before you go. We didn't have your phone." She stated before turning around to grab her stuff that Nini returned to them

    "Okay, what was that all about?" Marie asked Gina as soon as Nini left the room.

"I guess she thought we stole her phone and retaliated." Gina answered, walking out of the dressing room into the halls.

    "Why would she think we stole her phone?" Marie questioned again, rushing forward to catch up to her. Gina doesn't respond and just keeps walking. "Gina. Are you planning something? 'Cause it feels like your planning something." Marie

"I hate you can see right through me." Gina admits, causing Marie to smile.

    "I am your sister after all."

    Gina sighed, stopping in her tracks to face the redhead. "Well you obviously know I want to be Gabriella in the show so I have this plan I'm thinking about doing, and I think I'm going to bring E.J. into it."