s i x

"Oh my gosh, that's what's-her-name. Lily from our auditions." Seb exclaims, after everybody watches the video that North High just posted. Marie is pacing back and forth in the front of the room. "She isn't just co-directing their show, she's starring in it." Seb continues.

"You mean perfect-pitch, looks-like-an-actual-Disney-princess, super-fan girl/mean-girl Lily?"Marie states to everyone. "I'm gonna go with yes." E.J answers. "I remember her vaguely." Marie says in a nervous tone.

     "Thank you all for coming so quickly on a Saturday." Miss Jenn announces, as her and Carlos come into the rehearsal room. "Or most of you all. We're missing a teapot and a village idiot." Miss Jenn says, confused. "Uh, I think they are at the pizza place." Ricky answers. "Kourtney texted the group. They couldn't get anyone to cover their shifts." Seb continues, before E.J slaps his arm, and Carlos makes a face from behind Miss Jenn.

    "Oh... I didn't see that text." Miss Jenn says, pulling out her phone. "I meant the group chat with me and E.J." Seb covers, looking back to him and then everyone else with a big grin on his face. "We'll, back to the matter at hand. I can tell from your solemn faces you've all see... the video." Miss Jenn says to the teens. They were all looking at her with down looks on their faces, while Marie had her head in her hands.

    "It's incredible. Even I have no notes. I can't believe they stole our show." Carlos complains. "I think their Lumiere is an actual French exchange student." Ricky says. After that Marie rises her head and faces her teacher. "Miss Jenn, how are we supposed to beat North at the Menkies if they're churning out this a second after changing their musical? It's like..."

    All the students start complaining about it. "Wildcats! Take heart. North High is clearly focusing on bells and whistles. Impressive. But distracting. All we need is..." Miss Jenn interrupts them. "Friendship?" Seb questions. "No, Seb, all we need is to get back to basics. Emotional performances that connect with the audience can make all the difference with these judges. And I have a plan. Which is why you've all been called in today. And that plan is... a weekend acting intensive." She explains.

    "Acting intensive like..." E.J starts but is interrupted, "Improv. Character work. Movement exercises. Hey, Gina. Gina. Are you here?" Miss Jenn asks the girl who was on her phone. "Mmm. Yeah. Yeah." Gina answers. "We're going to really connect with our characters. And impressive performances, not fancy staging or actual killer wolves, will be our key to the gold. And don't forget, we have something North High doesn't."

     "Friendship?" Seb questions, again. "A brand-new original song for the Beast and the Rose. Um, and, uh, how's that coming along, you guys?" Miss Jenn asks Ricky and Nini, who seem to not really have an answer to her question.

    Miss Jenn just continues talking saying, "Ricky, you stay here with me for deep-dive Beast character work. Nini, take the weekend, skip the workshop, and get a first draft of the duet down for the Beast and the Rose!" She just smiles and claps. "Okay!" Everybody stands up and Miss Jenn goes to talk to Carlos.

...

The group was all standing on the small stage in the rehearsal room, holding hula hoops around their necks. "Today is all about warm-up games. The important thing is that we all..." Miss Jenn is interrupted by the sound of rattling coming from Seb swinging the hula hoop around his waist, as everyone looks at him. Seb notices the groups gazes and let's the hoop fall to the ground. Miss Jenn finishes her sentence from earlier, "Focus. Strong start. Here we go, my young thespians." She puts on a big smile and swings the hoop around her arm.

They were now playing with pool noodles, contorting them into different shapes. Marie had wrapped hers around her neck acting as a scarf. Miss Jenn interrupts them by clapping her hands to her their attention. "Okay. Everybody, drop your noodle and pair up for a mirroring exercise." Marie was looking around for someone to partner up with, when E.J. one up to her. "May I have this exercise?" He says with a small smirk on his face. Marie chuckles, "Team Wonderstudy. Yeah, I got you."