e i g h t

"Hi. Thank you all for coming to rehearsal in the morning. I know it's a crazy day with the career fair and all, but given your behavior last week, I believe we are lucky to be rehearsing at all. For future reference, singing and dancing, good. Breaking and entering, bad." Miss Jenn lectures to the cast, Marie was feeling sort of guilty about the events that occurred at North High.

"Miss Jenn, we didn't break anything." Seb pleads, "Would you like me to be the first?" Miss Jenn snaps back, quickly. "I'm good." Seb answers.

"Okay. I'm just going to say it. Zack Roy stole our Beast mask. Why are you not freaking out?" Carlos questions Miss Jenn. "Because winners don't freak out, Carlos. They rise. When they go low, we sing high." The blonde suddenly sings a sudden high note, scaring everyone.

After. a few minutes of the students making small talk with their fellow classmates, Miss Jenn announces the start of rehearsal. "E.J, remember where you are emotionally. Belle has just rebuked your marriage proposal and LeFou is rallying the guys to boost you back up. Let's hit it." Miss Jenn explains.

The guys go to places as the rest of them go to sit on the bleachers.

"Go get 'em, Biggie!" Ashlyn encourages from her spot. "Thanks! All good!" The boy replies back. "I wasn't saying you weren't. Just know that I am loyally rooting for you, okay?" Ashlyn explains, kind of awkwardly. Marie nudges Ashlyn with her shoulder, "Smooth." she chuckles.

"Big Red, whenever your ready." Miss Jenn says, then nodding her head to Seb who pressed play for the music. As soon as the music started they all started cheering for the guys.

Big Red: Gosh, it disturbs me to see you, Gaston
Looking so down in the dumps
Every guy here'd love to be you, Gaston
Even when taking your lumps
There's no man in town as admired as you
You're everyone's favorite guy
Everyone's awed and inspired by you
And it's not very hard to see why
No one's slick as Gaston
No one's quick as Gaston
No one's neck is as incredibly thick as Gaston
For there's no man in town half as manly
Perfect, a pure paragon
You can ask any Tom, Dick, or Stanley
And they'll tell you whose team they'd prefer to be on

All: No one's built like Gaston
A kingpin like Gaston

Big Red: No one's got a swell cleft in his chin like Gaston

E.J: As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating

All: My what a guy that Gaston

E.J: When I was lad, I'd eat four dozen eggs
Every morning to help me get large
And now that I'm grown
I eat five dozen eggs
So I'm roughly the size of a barge

All: No one shoots like Gaston
Make those beauts like Gaston

Big Red: Then goes tromping around wearing boots like Gaston

E.J: I use antlers in all of my decorating

All: Say it again
Gaston

Everybody cheers for them at how amazing it was. "Dancers, glorious. Big Red, hilarious. And, E.J, victorious." Miss Jenn praises, everyone clapping for them again. "Nice emotional connection to the material." Carlos praises E.J. Gina stands up opening her notebook, that was empty, "I've got no notes."

"And as much as I hate to break that connection, I am afraid I'm the bearer of some hard news." Mr. Mazzara announces, coming into the middle of the room. "We just got a call from the disciplinary board of an organization I'm not sure really exists. 'Effective immediately, this production will shut down rehearsal for one week as punishment for trespassing by order of the... Monkeys" He announces reading the last part off of a note card.