n i n e

(imagine it with the Duke sweatshirt instead of the white shirt) ^^^

    Marie was in the airport, trying to get to Louisiana for spring break. Miss Jenn had sent the whole cast a link for a zoom meeting so they could talk over the break. "Hey, everyone, I'm here. I'm here. Sorry, um, I couldn't find an outlet and my flights delayed. Apparently, my plane has a mechanical issue, so... fun." Marie says, finally getting into the call.

     "Oh dear! Are you safe?" Miss Jenn asks concerned. "I've spent my childhood in airports. I am no damsel in distress." Marie assures. "Okay. Looks like we are only missing Ricky. Nini, have you heard from him?" Miss Jenn asks, everyone goes silent waiting for someone else to answer. They all had heard of the couples hard break up before spring break.

    "Uh, I think Ricky is taking some alone time or mom time or both. He's in Chicago." Big Red explains, "Okay, I'm sure you're all wondering why I've gathered you all here. Opening night is only three weeks away, folks." Miss Jenn starts, Marie's eyes widen at the thought of it being so close. "That means we need to stay focused. And I know I can't... Won't make you work over the break. But I needed to remind you, face-to-face, stakes are high. Please, for the love of theater, do not take the word 'break' literally. Be safe." Miss Jenn lectures, "Okay, we'll, have fun. Stay in touch. And now you have this link, so hop on anytime. I'm basically the queen of technology, so..." She laughs.

    Everybody starts to leave the call quickly, saying goodbye to Miss Jenn.

...

    Marie has tried multiple times to get onto another flight, but every time failed. After going to the desk for the last time, so goes back to sit down, getting a call from E.J.

     "Hey, Eej." She says sitting down. "Hey! How's the spring break of doom?" He says over the phone. "I'm stuck at the airport and stuck with nothing to do." Marie explains.

    "Come on. They haven't built the airport that could contain you." She chuckles at his comment. "Ask her the question." Ashlyn says from the background, "Is that Ash? Hi, Ash!" Marie says.

    "Okay, my cousin wants to paint my nails as a spring break project. I said I need a second opinion." He asks, "Oh. I would be so happy if you did that. Go for it." Marie laughs. "I told you." Ash remarks, behind E.J. "All right, well, two votes against one." E.J sighs.

    "Okay, you guys, go do makeovers. I'm gonna try to get to Louisiana. Wish me luck." Marie says, crossing her fingers. "You don't need luck." E.J assures. "Okay, bye." Marie says, waving at the camera. "All right, see ya."  He says, ending the call.

    Marie laughs to herself.

["Have things been different between me a E.J? A little. But I really don't know what's going on. When there's never really been anything in the romance department, it's hard to know what's someone being nice and what's a sign." Marie hears a guy trying to sing some notes, but being slightly off tune. She just chuckles at him.] 

...

    Marie was on her phone scrolling through Instagram when she saw that E.J had posted a new photo of him and Ashlyn, showing off his newly painted nails. She looks up to see a dark skinned boy in front of her. "The trick is to cry if you're trying to sweet talk a gate agent." He advises, leaving Marie confused. "Excuse me?"

    "I watched all of times you went up to that desk and asked for a new flight. They were all failures, but entertaining the entire time. I liked the one with the country accent, I think you said you were from Alabama." He explains, laughing at the end. "Kinda like you're attempt to sing. Yeah, I saw you, too. Entertaining, and yet ultimately a failure." Marie says, smirking to herself.