Six: Troglobha Terran

(Troll Land)

Within the quiet trees of the forest in the west, Iar Coilva, Fìorea stood by Iar Uisqua - the lake where the Sìthicris sought counsel from the great voice belonging to the one they called Illuminare-Trabem. He always showed his presence in the form of a beam of light upon the water's rippling surface, and there he was, ready to receive Fìorea's cries of woe.

"My beautiful child, what troubles you?" His deep voice was filled with a warmth that touched Fìorea's heart.

"Illuminare-Trabem, I am aware that you see all and know all. I am anxious about what I am to do tonight," she responded in her native tongue, her head bowed in respect.

"Why are you anxious? What you are to do pleases me, Child. Through learning about your neighbours, you shall bring peace and a new era to Dachan Terran." Illuminare-Trabem's words made Fìorea's heart pound in her chest, but it did not succeed in untying the tight knot embedded in her stomach. "What troubles you still, Fìorea?"

"Please, Bright Beam, I am worried if we are caught by others from either tribe, they will not understand, and their misunderstanding may cause strife." Fìorea's brow pulled together as she fixed her gaze on the bright light reflected within the undulating surface of the lake.

"Your concern is understandable and you were right to seek my aid, dear Sìthicris," Illuminare-Trabem's silky voice soothed Fìorea's mind as he told her exactly what she must do to ensure her and Vidurram's safety that night.

The memory of mere hours ago faded from the forefront of Fìorea's mind. Peering through the gap in the seam of her tent once again, she saw that the bright colours of day finally gave in to the deep shade of indigo that she was waiting for.

Once the shadows embraced her, bringing out the violet glow from her long, flowing hair, she smiled with delight and threw herself up off her futon. Reaching out her hand, she grabbed her dark-blue hooded cloak and draped it over her shoulders, hid her hair's glow and darted out of her tent into the still, silent streets of Chridocus. Using the light of the stars, she made her way to the surrounding wall, let herself out with her violet magic and ran through the trees to the clearing.

"Vidurram," Fìorea called out in a hushed whisper.

"I'm here," the Troglobha answered her, stepping out of the bush in which he hid the other night.

Fìorea ran to his side.

"You came!" she said with a relieved smile.

"Did you doubt that I would?" he questioned in his quietened baritone rumble.

"Well, a part of me did." A heat flushed to Fìorea's pale cheeks.

"Well, I'm -" Vidurram started but was soon interrupted with a sharp "shush".

"I heard something, someone may be coming. Quick hide!" Fìorea whispered, then pulled on his thick wrist, leading him into the bush, where they knelt down together.

"Are the Fairies looking for you already?" Vidurram questioned, looking through the gaps within the bush's branches.

"They might be. I don't know. I swear I was careful. I waited till the stillness of night before I dared to move!"

"What can we do? If they're out searching for you, we won't be able to leave."

The worry within the fires of Vidurram's eyes failed to reach the calm glow of Fìorea's. She knew exactly what must be done.

"I know a way we can stay hidden from both tribes," she said in a confident tone.

"What do you mean?"