Chapter 3: two sides of the coin

Velvet pov

To say that we were shocked, would be the understatement of the year. I readied myself for a battle until the person we were trying to protect the Grimm from, stood in front of us to protect them instead.

After the grim had left, the person let his guard down. The shield on his right arm seemed to just disappear. I lower my guard a bit while Yatsu and fox put away their weapons. Though Coco stood firm with Gianjuda.

Coco: uh, hi there. The names Coco...why were you protecting those grim?

???:....

There was a long pause with the person in question. That was until a floating drone came seemingly out of no where; appearing next to the person.

(Drone)???: Hi there! My name is chip. The person right next to me is my guardian. His name is Tank. We are sorry that we had put a stop to your fight, but we wanted to protect our friends.

We all deadpanned at what the small drone "chip" had told us. We were all silent until Coco spoke up again.

Coco: *chuckle* friend? Hehe, you almost got me with that one... We were sent by Ozpin, head master of Beacon academy. We were sent with the mission of scouting for any grim anomalies and you seemed to be the center of one. He had mentioned that if we did find any one, that we should take them in...

Tank?:......

Coco: are you mute or something!?

Tank?: *Nods*

Coco:...oh... Just come quietly and we will take you to Ozpin, Okay?

I watch as Tank thinks for awhile before coming to a decision

Tank: *nods*

Coco: splendid. The bull head should arrive here shortly. It needs a refuel, so we can head to beacon in the morning. We are gonna go to the town of Menagerie

Tank was still silent but he was looking at his small companion as if they were communicating with each other. Chip then turns to us and speaks

Chip: this Bullhead... Does it give a good view of the land scape?

Coco: uh...yes?

I see Coco look at us for some backup

Me: yeah! You can go around the whole world with enough fuel!

Yatsu: it is fun to go over the mountains with the sunsetting

Fox:...no comment

Tank and his friend seemed to be satisfied. Tank then turned towards his downed ship and prepared some sort of device.

Chip just came over to us to speak

Chip: just give us a second. It takes a bit of focus to put something that large in a portal.

The device in Tanks hand seemed to whirl to life and a glowing portal appeared above his craft. The portal slowly dropped over his ship until it was completely gone. The device then turned off, and Tank looked back at us slack jawed.

Me: you aren't with Atlas... Are you?

Though the thought never occurred to me. Tank's teach, armor, and military like stance was almost screaming Atlas

Tank simply gave me a confused tilt with his helmet before a bullhead could be heard in the distance.

Coco: there's our ride

Time skip

Y/N pov

To say that the view was ok in the bullhead would be a crime. For the entire trip you and your ghost were mesmerized by the open world around you. Though the craft was somewhat slower to your taste, it did give you time to watch over the lush forest and town beneath you.