Chapter 33: A Pawn's Favor

After what you can describe as a cruel disciplinary moment. You curled up into a ball and hid in the corner of your ship.

Neo: oh grow up!- it wasn't "that" bad...was it?

You placed your hands on your top ears in a moment of sore pain when they tugged on your ears. Using your tails, you encased yourself.

Velvet: well they are sensetive...

You peeked over to see a random, yet still fearful slipper on a chair.

Neo: *sigh* honestly. How can a tall-god killing-hero, be this sensetive?

You shiver in the corner before feeling something pat your head.

Velvet: *sigh* come on now Tank. We forgive you

You peaked out from your fluff fortress before finding broth Velvet and Neo looking down to you with sympathetic smiles.

Neo: now get up. We still have some light to spare~

You slowly stood up before using your Holo-speech.

Y/N: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry----

Velvet put her hand over your Holo-speech before speaking.

Velvet: it's ok Tank. We forgive you.

You smiled slightly.

Neo: hey...I think I know how you can make it up to us~

You looked up before Neo jumped into your arms. Instincts kicked in just in time for you to catch her in a bridal carry.

Neo: fly us back~. how about that Vel?

You looked down at her in confusion before feeling Velvet hop on your back.

Velvet: no arguments here!

You smiled before stepping out of the ship.

Chip: you guys go on ahead, I'll lock up here and let the Grimm rest.

You nodded before boosting away.

Chip pov

I watched my guardian hover away before turning to the ship's work bench.

I saw the Grimm huddle into a small pile before resting.

Me: 'lets get down to business!'

I transmit all of Tank's weapons down before scanning.

Me: *sigh* it's way worse.

Burnt barrels, cracked stocks, worn grips, loose triggers, missing screws, and shattered magazines.

Though something in the pile caught my eye. A rifle covered with blood and scratches.

Me: no way...