Chapter 29: Good Game Guardian

You watched as Harriet stand back up after the aftershock. Though her balance was completely thrown after her first step.

Velvet: Team Ghost wins!

Looking over to Velvet with a smile, you noticed Cinder watching with a surprise look before walking away.

Y/N: 'this will not be easy'...*sign language* neo, are you alright?

Neo looked down from Hex before jumping down to you.

Neo: no complaints here!

You nodded before looking at the Atlas ACE team. The first to get back up was Vine.

Vine:.*to himself* dammit *to you* looks like you guys win this one...

You responded by giving him thumbs up before walking over to him.

Vine: h-hey, no hard feeling right?

He flinched as you came closer. Though instead of an expected beat down, you offered you hand in silence.

Vine: oh...thanks...

You pulled him up with relative ease before shaking his hand. Confused, he decided to question you.

Vine: I don't get it... When we first met, we had the intent of keeping you down by any means necessary. You fought us off, and believe me when I say that I could tell that you were barley warming up...  Why do you show so such mercy?

You smiled at him before using your powers for a single sentence. Your hair darkened before you spoke up.

Y/N: what is more of a crime... A monster trying to be human; or a human becoming a monster?

With that, you simply gestured his team in the corner being bandaged up by Hex.

Vine looked at you with a puzzled face before walking over to his team. Neo on the other hand walked up to you before speaking.

Neo: all good here?

You looked down to her

Y/N: *sign language* yep, but I have to go fight in the arena soon. You guys get to the arena... I need to speak with Ozpin...

Neo nodded at you before you and your team began making their way out of the training arena.

Small time skip brought to you by Tank looking at a Tank

Ozpin pov

As I waited in my office for any news. I looked to the tablet screen with all cameras looking over the festival.

Me: please Tank...free us...

My mind was a drift with fantasies of me reuniting with my once beloved. Though my attention was pulled once I heard the elevator Arive at my office floor.

And to my upmost pleasure. It was the hero that would save us. Tank walked in his full armor; helmet too.

Me: Tank, what brings you here?- is everything alright.

He nodded at me before holding his hand out. His companion chip made his appearance on Tank's hand; via a manner I still didn't quite understand.

Chip: all good here Ozpin. We simply wanted to ask how we will be a part of the tournament

Me: ah, I see. You and Tank will be placed in the looser bracket. You will first go in one Four on Four match; then a few Two on Two matches before heading to the One on One fights. Due to your situation, I was able to discuss with the board and staff to grant you this favor after labeling the rest of your team as MIA or injured. I'm sorry, but this was the best I could do in such short time and resources.