T D E | NINE

Sometimes I wish that I could wish it all away
One more rainy day without you
Sometimes I wish that I could see you one more day
One more rainy day

Sometimes I wish that I could wish it all awayOne more rainy day without youSometimes I wish that I could see you one more dayOne more rainy day

Meridia Marquis

-One Week Later-

"Am I forgiven?"

Broken words felt like a pain to be said. It felt like glass was swimming through my veins. My voice didn't sound like mine, my body didn't feel like mine. This is what I chose. My father is a fucking insane alpha for the things he does to me. This time tops any other because it is all a misunderstanding.

I've sat here in the coldness and darkness, dreaming of alternatives to get out of this prison with my mate. Even if we escape, father is very powerful and manipulative. He would have all of his allies hunting us down across the earth. So would it be freedom? If we are running for our lives barely receiving happiness?

It would be naively stupid of me to tell him I want to be with my mate and to kindly fuck off. As I've said before, I'm a puppet on a string. All I'm trying to do is to make sure Estavan remains alive and unharmed. He cannot be touched by the darkness my father drags me into. This pack is already cruel to him every day. It's time he leaves. Even then, it's not safe. I'm standing at a bridge with so many directions to go and I don't know which one to take.

Father stood in front of me, standing tall with his head bent to look at my beaten body on the cold floor. He takes out hands that were shoved in his pocket to reveal a key in his palm. My busted lips pulled into a smile after all these painful days.

"You are, Meridia," he answers. If relief can ever be words, it would be those. My shaking hands lift and he grabs them with one hand while the other shoved the key into the hole and twists them open. My hands dropped to my lap, pain free."You have the entire day to recover. See you in the morning for training," he tells me before turning around and I listen to his footsteps fade as he walks away.

I need to see him.

But first, I had to clean myself up. My body was incredibly sore from the injections. Father injected medicine into my body to slower my healing and disconnect me from my wolf. Not that we were connected much anyway, she hasn't spoken to me in a very long time. Those injections were made by our pack doctor and it is used for rogues or traitors.

Unfortunately, the injection from yesterday still wasn't out of my bloodstream so healing from cuts and bruises would take some extra hours. I still had whips that were soaked in wolfsbane and coated in melted silver printed on my back and across my arms. I grabbed onto the cold walls for support as I rose to my feet. My knees were so close to snapping but I remained strong and got myself out of the cell.