T D E | ELEVEN

Golden by Harry Styles inspired this chapter. The meaning behind the lyrics is used in this chapter and twisted into Meridia's meanings. I left like I needed to give credit so here it is lol.
-----
You're so golden
You're so golden
I'm out of my head
And I know that you're scared
Because hearts get broken

 -----You're so goldenYou're so goldenI'm out of my headAnd I know that you're scaredBecause hearts get broken

Meridia Marquis

Estavan Kai Maylor.

He reminds me of the sun in my sick twisted way.

He brightens my world, but he's too far away. He waits for me in the sky while I fight to get out of the darkness. Yet even though he is so far away, he is the sunshine to my day. I didn't know when it happened but it just fucking did. We barely had moments together and things are always in our way but I'm hooked on him. I didn't see it coming so it hurts knowing what I have to do.

I guess we can blame the mate bond.

I need to take control of it. Control of my life and I can no longer be a puppet on my father's strings. However, Estavan needs to be the sun, in the sky where he's the brightness. Dare I say I want him to wait for me in the sky because I don't want to anchor him, I want him to be free.

Now I'm scared because hearts get broken. I'm scared of how I will feel after I reject him. I don't want to hurt him but will I? It's hard for me to think that he had some sort of feelings for me because it felt like I was walking on eggshells around him. That's a fucking lie, I felt open and free. I felt like I could be me. But what if he didn't feel the same way towards me? I'm not exactly likable.

The sun was close to setting and I was standing in front of the old abandoned house. I had done so much today, my body was on the verge of collapsing. Before I allowed myself to rest, I needed to speak to Estavan first.

Just do it, Meridia.

Do it.

You know you have to.

I slipped through the wire and stalked to the tunnels before I could've regretted it. The basement was empty, of course, I checked the pool next and the water was still and the concrete was dry. The last place was the library. I ran up the staircase as I began to worry a bit.

Then like a breath of fresh air, I opened the library and there he was. His head snapped to me the moment I stepped in and even though we were far, I could see his eyes softening as his tense shoulders relaxed.

"Hey," I whispered my eyes drinking in the sight of him sitting there, surrounded by so many books that we could temporarily escape from. "Hi," he softly mumbles with hesitation high in his voice. It's the small things that made my heart melt. For some reason, sitting there in a sweater with only his fingertips peaking out, this beautiful boy reminded me of the clouds.