T D E | TEN

Think of how much
Love that's been wasted
People always
Trying to escape it
Move on to stop their heart breaking
But there's nothing I'm running from
You make me strong

Think of how muchLove that's been wastedPeople alwaysTrying to escape itMove on to stop their heart breakingBut there's nothing I'm running fromYou make me strong

Meridia Marquis

"Don't go," Estavan grabs my hand, his fingers wrapping around my wrist. The morning sun was rising, I had to make it home to get ready for training. Tave actually made herself known this morning. Shouting and howling as my personal alarm.

Estavan looked nothing but adorable laying on the sofa, barely able to keep his pretty eyes open. "I'll see you later," I softly promised him. Hesitantly, Estavan released his grip on my hand. I attempted to walk away but something weighed down on me.

Fuck it.

I walked back to my sleeping boy and pressed my lips against his forehead for a quick kiss. I don't bother staying around to see his reaction or if he was awake at all, I left the abandoned mansion without anyone noticing.

Rushing to my house, I felt so bright. Today was off to an amazing start and nothing could I ask more. I suspect that a certain link mate of mine had something to do with it. The bond between us had strengthened so much since. Wonder if he'll be as happy as me today. When I arrived home, I bolted to my bedroom to shower and change into uniform for training.

Seeing my back in the mirror relieved me a bit. The flesh started pulling together, amazing signs of healing. I exited my room, once again running into Mal. "Good morning, brother," I smiled happily. His eyebrows furrowed, clearly taken back by his sister's mood.

"Morning? Excited for your run this morning? You're sparring with Dubose before lunch right?" He recalls my schedule and my head nods. Today I wasn't feeling to pressure my body so I decided a nice morning run through the forest and up the mountains was good.

"Come along," I grabbed his hand and we walked outside together. Thankfully, I hadn't run into my father and I doubt I would be for the first part of the day.

The warriors and I went on our run. It was breathtaking- in a good way. I felt good. Seeing Estavan later kept me excited. I don't know how I'd see him but if I have to sneak out again I will.

Dubose and I slowed down our running and finally came to a halt. My chest was rising and falling rapidly, quickly taking oxygen into my lungs. "Race you to the falls?" He smirks excitedly.

There's a waterfall in the forest where the mountains ran down and ended into a small pool. Dubose and I would often cool off in there after running now and then. It had been a long while since we went. I look at Mal in the distance and he nods his head. There was only one place I'd go with Dubose after running and he knew that.

"Okay, but I can't stay long," I say. His smirk turns into a grin and we walk deeper into the forest together. Within a couple of minutes, we were standing in front of the waterfall. Dubose unbuttons his shirt and it fell off his shoulders. "I still can't believe you went on a run in this thing," I say, shaking my head in playful disappointment.