✿Chapter 5.02✿

"A boy I am looking after"

The youngest surprised at hearing those words from Chan.

I thought he would just call me a human or a servant...

"Oh, you are..." 

The King examines him carefully.

"But he is not an angel"

"Yes. He is human"

"Human... I had heard that a human had arrived but I thought that the demons had him.

But she was with you. How did that happen?"

"... by chance"

"The human boy wouldn't end up in your estate by chance. Is he a part of your plans?"

Plans???

"... no, he has no part in my plans"

"So you are just keeping a human boy with you? It is curious that you would keep such lowly creature with you"

The King looks at Seungmin with a belittling eyes.

"Human, demons along with all other beings are below angels. Those demons, recently-"

"I apologize, but I came here today because I heard there was an important issue to discuss.

Could we move on to that topic?"

Chan doesn't appear to get along well with this man???

"It is about the demons. They've been getting stronger recently. When will you execute your plans?

If this keeps going, the demons will grow stronger and that man will become the King"

That man... must be Changbin.

"That shallow fool... That would be a disaster. There is no need to follow along those old rules of alternating between angel and demons Kings.

Angels are the only ones fitting to be the King of Nightmare. You must agree"

"I do agree with you on that point"

"... that is an interest way of saying that"

This is getting worrisome...

"Hmm, unbelievable. This is the reason that you can't defeat the dark blue haired demon"

In that moment, the purple haired boy could feels a fire in Chan's eyes.

"... is that all?"

"This is important. Your plans are proceeding far too slowly. I wanted to hear it from you"

"My answer is the same. Please leave this all to me. If that is all, I shall take my leave"

Chan doesn't bow, but quickly walks away. Seungmin quickly follows him.

They ignored the clear sounds of displeasure from the King behind them.

Chan leaves the estate and walks slowly to the place where the carriage is stopped.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

The lord finally opens his mouth in the carriage but he only lets out an annoyed sigh.

"Unbelievable... that old crank. How can he call me to him for something so foolish?"

"Umm... Chan-"

"Quiet"

He slaps the human down with another cold words but when Seungmin goes silent, Chan speaks again.

"... be quiet for now"

The puppy looking boy couldn't feel the coldness in those words.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

They sit in the moving carriage for some time. Chan suddenly speaks.

"A long time ago, there was a sword fighting tournament before the King"

He suddenly begins speaking as he looks outside the window. Seungmin can't see his expression.

"That wasn't just about sword fighting. It was a competition of personal skill of tribal skill.

It was a place to display the honor of your people but... at that tournament I lost to that man.

That was... Changbin. I had never been beaten by someone else until then.

You could even say that I refused to be defeated. So... I couldn't allow that.

To me... To my tribe... So I must crush Changbin. I must do that"

"Chan..." Chan suddenly turned around.

"Why am I telling you about such things... It's like you are..."

The raven haired man starts to say something, but his expression softens.

"No... You will leave too... There are no bonds here"

So that was the reason that Chan hated Changbin so much...

Seungmin doesn't know what to say. He was only able to remain silent.

"... do you think that I'm foolish?"

"I never..."

"I am asking you"

"... I don't think that you are foolish"

"... you are straightforward"

"I can't really explain why, but... can I give you some advice?"

"What?"

"You should... try looking at the world from various perspectives"