✿Chapter 7.02✿

Lee Know spreads his arms open in excitement.

"What do you mean wipe off?"

"Just that. As I said. Wipe them off of Nightmare. Our seeds are finally budding.

How long have I waited for this... I'm so pumped"

"Please wait a moment"

Seungmin thinks about that, stopping Lee Know, who is chatting happily.

Wipe off... it can't be.

"That's-"

"Yes. War"

The youngest feels a shiver down his spine upon hearing the word war. Lee Know smiles, ignoring him.

"The great war will finally commence. This battle will determine the fates of angels and demons.

But we have been preparing a lot. We'll crush them. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

We finally have a proper reason for crushing them. This is going to be fun"

"Fun..."

He is taken aback as Lee Know genuinely seems to be enjoying this.

"What? Do you want to participate? It's going to be a blast. HAHAHA!!"

The soldier smiles and the human can only feels madness in his eyes.

What is he saying???

"Why... would you do that?"

"Huh?"

"War is... well... killing... right?"

"Of course. It isn't a game"

"Why do you need to kill?"

The orange haired angel looks annoyed, like Seungmin is raining on his parade.

The youngest continues his piece.

"Can't you discuss this?"

"Discuss? Don't be silly. If we could have, it wouldn't have turned out like this"

The older laughs at him in a mocking tone.

"There are really people who think everything can be solved without violence.

Such naive thoughts can't really solve anything"

"B-but-"

"Anyways, it's none of your business. You are a human, right?"

The purple haired boy shut his mouth at Lee Know's cold words.

"Right? You aren't a resident of this world. You are an outsider. Outsider shouldn't be interrupting. Shut up"

I may be an outsider... but...

Seungmin remembers the demons who helped him when he first came to Nightmare.

... those people aren't bad and yet, a war... this is wrong.

"But, but!!-"

"Listen. Just because you've been getting on with Chan recently doesn't mean you get to decide anything"

He tries to talk again, but Lee Know stops him with a sharp comment.

"That's-"

"Don't tell me what to do, human! ... right? Felix?"

Felix...

Seungmin looks at him, hopeful that he understands his thoughts.

"This is clearly a matter for us to decide" Felix said and looks down.

"Exactly" Lee Know chuckled.

"Felix-"

Just then.

"... you're all making a racket"

"Chan!"

Chan enters the sunroom, appearing upset.

"What are you going on about, Lee Know? I can hear you from down the hall"

"It's not me. It's this one. He's complaining about our plans. I told him that it was not her place to get involved"

The lord looks at Seungmin.

"... Chan, are you really going to war with the demons?"

"... yes. What is the matter?"

"Could you reconsider?"

"Why?"

"Why... There must be another way"

"... another way. If you have an idea, say it. What is this other way you speak of?

I don't know, but...

"... this isn't going anywhere. You are not speaking form logic, but rather emotion"

"But..."

I have never had to explain the logical reason for not fighting a war.

I just think that killing is bad and I want to stop that. How can I make them understand that...

Chan lets out a breath, as if to indicate that he is done with the conversation.

"In any case, Lee Know is right about this matter. This is an issue for Nightmare. It has nothing to do with humans"

"Fine..."

Seungmin runs out of the sunroom without even looking at Chan's face.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Chan is such a jerk!!!

He returns to his room, lays on the bed, and thinks about what should he do.

... I might be getting emotional. But isn't it normal to want to avoid killing?

Is it wrong to think that conflicts should be resolved with discussion rather than violence?

As an outsider, is all I can do is watch as they kill each other?

He suddenly remembers the image of Chan swinging a sword.

When he saved me... he seemed so reliable. But will he swing that sword... at Changbin and the others this time?

Perhaps... the reason Chan won't stop the war...

KNOCK, KNOCK

Seungmin suddenly hears a knock on the door.

"Yes?"

"... it's me"