✿Chapter 9.02✿

The next morning, Seungmin wakes up like normal and prepares breakfast.

I am used to waking up and making breakfast like this but this custom will end soon too...

He feels a sadness well up in him and he clamps his mouth shut.

I'll feel sad if I think about this. But I need to answer. 

He thinks about this as Felix appears in the kitchen.

"G-good morning, Felix"

"Good morning... did something happen?"

"What?"

"You appear sad again"

"I am uncertain about something but I need to find the answer myself..."

"... I hope you find it"

"Yes"

He answers Felix and turns on the tap for some water but he notices that the water is coming out slower than usual.

What is that? Is it frozen? No, it's not the season for that...

"What is the matter?"

"Well, the water is coming out slowly. Is something blocking it?"

"The water flow... !!"

Seeing the inconsistent flow of water, Felix's expression changes.

"Felix?"

"Well..."

The angel suddenly appears panicked. He turns around and leaves the kitchen.

"F-Felix?!"

What happened? Felix's face...

Seungmin looks at the water again.

I can't explain it... but I have a bad feeling about this...

"Felix, wait!"

The human quickly runs after Felix, who flew out of the kitchen.

The silver haired angel walks downstairs quickly, as if he couldn't hear Seungmin.

After reaching the bottom floor, Seungmin sees Felix standing still.

"F-Felix I finally caught you... What's wrong? You suddenly ran off... Felix?"

He comes next to the angel and finally, he sees what Felix is looking at that is making him go silent.

"This is..."

When Seungmin came to this floor before, the clear water flowed like a spring. 

However, now that flow is stopped and the flows in spurts.

"Is the water... drying up?? Felix, is this why the water wasn't coming out?"

But this is very serious. All of the water in Nightmare originates from here...

"... this is not good. I'll... summon Lord Bang"

Felix turns around and runs off. After a short while, Felix returns with Chan.

Seeing the water nearing dried up, Chan opens his eyes wide.

"... since when has it been like this?"

"I don't know. This morning, Seungmin mentioned that the water flow was weak.

I came here because I was concerned..."

"I see..."

The lord bends down and scoops up some water with his hand.

"This is... I knew it..."

"It has to be that"

Hearing a voice behind Seungmin, he turns around. Lee Know stands there with a stern expression.

"However... it is unlucky that it happens while you are in charge"

"... the celestial water ceremony?"

Chan mutters this and Lee Know nods.

What??

The youngest can tell that something important is happening.

But he is unable to ask what is happening in this tense atmosphere. Lee Know looks at him and opens his mouth.

"... the celestial water ceremony. The water of this world is a gift from God. It is blessed. 

But after a certain time, this water will begin to dry up. It is said to happen once every several dozen years,

or once every several hundred years. We must pray to God to once again grant us water"

"So the water will come back if we pray?"

"Perhaps"

"Great. Then there's a way to fix this"

"There is, but..."

Lee Know looks over to Chan.

"But there are ancient rules. You need to make an offering in order for God to hear your prayers"

"An offering??"

"The soul of a precious person"

"The soul of a precious person??"

The bad feeling Seungmin had from before suddenly gets stronger. Chan opens his mouth to continue Lee Know's explanation.

"When the water which flows from the heaven dries up, sacrifice the soul of the leader of angels.

The spring shall be rejuvenated and water shall flow again. The sacrifice for water is the soul of someone precious

In other words... my life. My life is needed for the ceremony"

Chan says this, stands up, and clenches his wet hand.

"Felix, when is the next full moon?"

"In two weeks. The day of the Red Moon"

The human's heart skips a beat at the phrase 'Red Moon'.

"I see. The same day as the ceremony... how ironic. We shall conduct the celestial water ceremony on the next full moon.

Felix, please notify all angels in Nightmare and The King. Chan shall return to the heavens"

"...yes"

Felix answers shortly and runs down the path.

"What do you mean... the offer is life?"

"... just as it sounds. In exchange for my life, this water will flow again. That is my role as leader of the angels"

"B-but..."