✿Chapter 10.03✿

A few days pass. Today is the day of the Red Moon. The day Seungmin is supposed to return home.

But really, the day he will die.

It has finally arrived... Time flies...

He close his eyes and thinks of last night.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"I will do it after I see you return to your world. When the time comes tomorrow, come to the garden"

"But-"

"Come"

"I understand. Thank you, Chan"

"Yes"

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

But, sorry, Chan. I... can't keep this promise...

"... I need to make breakfast"

It was like any other morning. According to Lee Know, the moon will begin turning red at dusk.

I should prepare dinner along with lunch. If I leave a memo, Felix should be able to heat it up...

Seungmin looks at the view from the sunroom and his hand stops.

This might be the last time I come here...

He worries about what will happen when he go. He feels something hot well up inside him.

He quickly looks up at the ceiling.

I can't think of this. If I think too much, I will only feel pain. I do what I have to do. That's all...

He hears something behind him and turns around.

"... Felix, Lee Know"

Did they see me hold in the tears?

"I am preparing lunch. Please wait a little longer. I'll make extra for dinner and place it in the kitchen.

Thank you for not telling Chan anything"

"... IDIOT!" Lee Know leaves the sunroom. His expression seemed to be filled with pain.

Lee Know... he was scary at first, but he isn't really a bad person. Thank you, Lee Know. Sorry.

"Seungmin. There were... many things I could not understand about you"

The youngest laughs at Felix's usual blunt wording.

"But... I will never forget you"

"Yes... thank you, Felix"

Felix was the first one who agreed to eat with me. Thank you....

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Night arrives. Chan looks up at the sky in the garden.

"... the Red Moon"

It was three months ago. The human arrived there on the same day that the moon was dyed red.

Seungmin. The only person Chan have opened himself to... At first it was just out of interest,

and a competition with Changbin. More than his interest in humans, he didn't want to give the younger to the devil.

That was all. But suddenly, Seungmin has buries himself in Chan's heart.

The lord has felt how he have changed since the boy came there but he doesn't dislike that.

It actually feels nice... having feelings for someone... is truly a precious thing...

Chan looks down and he is sitting on the garden bench. It is almost the agreed time.

When it comes, he will see Seungmin off. Then he will give himself to God. However, oddly,

his heart feels calm, like a lakeside breeze.

"If he remembers me, and is living somewhere, that is enough. I can go in peace..."

Chan suddenly hears footsteps behind him and stands up.

"... he isn't coming"

"You! Why did you enter my estate without permission?"

"Seungmin is not coming here. He has no intention of returning to his world"

Ignoring Chan's words, Jisung speaks clearly.

"What do you mean??"

"He thought about what he could do for you. He thought and thought. And came up with a conclusion.

In order to return the water flow, he learned that someone else had to sacrifice themselves.

He decided that this was the one thing she could do. He... loves you"

"What are you saying- It can't be!"

Chan turns around, imagining the worst outcome, and head to the estate.

As he runs, the moon above him is almost completely red.

A few minutes earlier.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Seungmin looks outside and sees Chan in the garden.

He is waiting for me... sorry, Chan. Be well...

He burns that image in his mind and leaves the room.

On the lowest floor, the water is less than when he came here before.

If my blood flows here... I guess I just need a little. Too much is scary. But... the amount of bloods doesn't matter...

I'll-

Chan's face pops up in his head.

"Seungmin..."

He calls my name in my mind. His face is calm and kind. I would do anything for him.

"Goodbye, Chan..."

Just then.

"... SEUNGMIN!!"

"Chan... why..."

"... don't do anything foolish. That is my role. You do not need to take your own life. I will not let you die"

"Chan... I won't let you die. I realized something. You are precious to me... more than anyone else.

I can't stand to return to a world you aren't in, or stay in Nightmare without you in it"

"Seungmin! don't say foolish things... You don't even know if I feel the same!"

"Chan... I'm sorry. Goodbye!"

Seungmin takes the knife and prepares to cut his fingertips.

"Wait!"