Chapter 6: The Fair Game 2

The one week preparation period is finally up and today marks the day of 'The Fair Game'.

The showcase room is now filled with many people as the trainees, along with their respective idol groups scramble in. Everyone was looking all tensed up, knowing that their turn would be up soon.

Of course, In Hyung was extremely worried as well. Yerin, Jimin and I had been trying our best to calm her down since morning, but she still could not overcome her nervousness.

"Unnie... Mu-seo-weo-yo... (I'm scared)", she murmured while standing rooted to the ground beside me.

Reaching out for her hand and giving it a gentle squeeze, I told her,

"In Hyung-ah, relax. I know that this performance matters a lot to you but geogjeong maseyo (don't worry too much). You have to stop being too self-conscious. Just think of it as yourself performing for your loved ones and those who brought you here. Enjoy each and every moment on the stage and you will be fine. Just do your best out there!"

Ironically, I found myself repeating what Youngji had once said to me. Is this some sort of déjà vu?

"In Hyung-ah, all the best!", I showed her a final 'Fighting' sign and told 15& to take good care of her before I took my seat at the judges' table.

"Looks like In Hyungie has yet to calm down uh?", Jin who was able to make it here eventually, was seated beside me and he tilted his body sideways to talk to me.

"Ne oppa. I hope that you guys have taught her well~"

"Tch", Jin then narrowed his eyes at me.

"Of course we have! And not only that, she had earned herself some supporters too alright?", he pointed towards the back of the room.

I scrutinized the room and then saw a group of boys holding on to a banner in the direction he was pointing at. It read 'In Hyungie Fighting!', and in the meantime, I could see a cute figure desperately trying to hide his face behind it.

"Isn't that Nam Joon-ssi?", I tittered.

Jin only raised an eyebrow at me and laughed.

Wow, In Hyung is sure one lucky girl to have the BTS boys present here to support her~

Then, at that same time, GOT7 entered the room together with Jessica. I caught Mark's eyes searching for me, so I waved at him and gave him a 'Fighting' sign as well, which he then returned with a wink.

No matter how much I may dislike Jesscia, I still wish that she can do well, because this is definitely one good opportunity that one cannot miss.

"Yeoreoboon", Jinyoung hyung finally stood up and said when he saw that most people were already gathered here.

"It's finally the day of 'The Fair Game' and I hope that all of you have trained well for the past one week. Before moving on to the competition proper, I would just like to say a few more words. I know that it have been a tough journey here in JYPE for some, but I hope that no matter what the results may be, you guys will still enjoy the performances that you have put up. There will still be chances in future, so fret not", he paused and scanned the room once more.

"With that, let us begin!"

-
-
-

Oh Hani and 2pm oppas were the first contestants and they danced and sang along to 2pm's "Go Crazy". In my opinion, there wasn't much flaws in their performance but Jinyoung hyung said that he had hoped for them to use another song. Upon hearing this comment, Hani gave a loud sigh before leaving the stage with the oppas.