Chapter 12: What's the truth?

MARK'S POV

I walked out of the exit together with the rest, but I didn't catch any sight of Wendy.

"Where's Wendy? I thought she said that she will be waiting for us here? ", Tammy joined me by my side and asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and scanned every nook and cranny of the surroundings. I soon found her running about frantically some distance away, with Leila in her arms, looking extremely flustered over something.

Something wasn't right.

I hurried over and called out to her.

"Wendy! What's wrong?", I asked,

"And oh my god, why are you crying?", I was shocked when I noticed that tears were running down her cheeks.

My hands reached out to her cheeks reflexively, wiping away her tears with my finger and I looked into her eyes.

"K-kylie... S-he's missing...", the words choked in her throat.

"WHAT?! WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?"

Before I could even console and understand the situation from her, Tammy had already stormed towards us.

She snatched back Leila from Wendy's arms and shouted furiously at her.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY KYLIE?! TELL ME WHERE IS SHE NOW?", tears were also welling up in Tammy's eyes as she got really worried.

"I really shouldn't have trust you and left my precious girls with you... I won't forgive you if anything bad happens to her!", she sniffed as brother-in-law came forward and cooed her.

Trying to get the situation back into control, I then suggested for everyone to split up and start searching for Kylie. She couldn't have run that far.

With Wendy still in my arms, I caressed her hair and brought her into my embrace.

"Don't worry, we will find her."

-
-
-

WENDY'S POV

The moment I broke the news to them, Tammy was already shouting at me.

Yes, I deserved to be reprimanded. I should have been more alert and paid more attention to Kylie as she was walking beside me. She is only a four year old child and I shouldn't have expected her to listen to my instructions well.

I continued crying as I blamed myself for losing her too.

Mark was holding me in his embrace all this while and he caressed my hair gently.

"Don't worry, we will find her", he tried to console me and slowly interlocking his hand with mine, he pulled me along.

"Come on, let's go. We will find her together."

-
-
-

We have been roaming about Disneyland for the past twenty minutes but there was still no news of Kylie.

That left me exceptionally sad and subdued as Tammy's words kept replaying in my mind.

"I won't forgive you if anything bad happens to her!"

And it was such that I didn't even notice Mark picking up a call beside me.

It was only after Mark had called me a few times that I finally snapped out of it.

"Wendy! Wendy?"

"Huh?", I looked back at him, dazed.

He showed me a heartening smile as he told me,