Chapter 23: Too good to be true

JACKSON'S POV

By day, COFFEE TERIOR is the colour of supermarket potatoes, it has that classic look, and the jazz pours out of the open doors along with the aroma of fresh brewed coffee.

But now that it's almost tomorrow and the light of the day has been replaced by the unrelenting blackness of the night, the frontage is as grey as the smooth concrete sidewalk at my feet.

I took in a deep breath, sucking in the air that carries a hint of dampness.

Wendy had just called me a moment ago and she specifically told me to meet her here, at around 12. Although I had a quirky feeling by this sudden request of hers, part of me was also worried and suspecting if she had had another argument with Mark hyung.

I checked the time on my watch, it's already 11:58pm and yet, there was not a single sight of her. I shivered in the dark, cold night and rubbed my hands for some heat.

She better have a spare key to COFFEE TERIOR. I'm so not going to entertain her out here in the cold.

Just as I was mumbling to myself, a sack was suddenly thrown over my head and I could feel a few people trying to bring me somewhere.

"WHAT THE FUCK?! LET GO OF ME! HELP ME! HELP ME~!", I yelled out loud, my voice penetrating through the quiet night and I struggled to get off from their grip.

However, those group of people were too strong for me. All I could figure out next was that I was then seated onto a chair.

And then, I heard her voice.

"JACKSON?! JACKSON! ARE YOU THERE?!"

It was Wendy.

"DAMN! You guys got her too?!", a bead of perspiration trickled down from my forehead.

"Who are you? Are you guys saesang fans? If you are, I'm telling you that this is not funny at all~ LET GO OF US RIGHT NOW!", I shouted again.

Then stupidly, it took me sometime to realize that my hands weren't even tied up. Quickly pulling off the sack from my head, my eyes were literally bulging out when I saw those familiar faces in front of me.

"SAENG-IL CHUKHA HABNIDA, JACKSON!", all of them chorused at the same time.

GOT7, BTS, 15&, Miss A, Henry, Amber and my fellow ROOMMATE housemates were all present there and they soon proceeded on to sing me a birthday song.

Right after they end, Wendy, whom I had once assumed was abducted by them like me, was surprisingly walking towards me with a cake in her hands.

"Come on Jackson, make a wish and blow those candles before it goes off."

Although I have yet to recover from the shock of this surprise party, I still did what I was told.

Clasping my hands together, I made three wishes in my mind.

1. For my family and friends to stay healthy as always

2. For GOT7 to be even successful and well known

3. For me to find my special someone soon

Then, I opened my eyes with a bright smile flickering across my face.

Puckering up my lips, I gave a gentle blow and the fire on the candles then went out.

"YAYYYY HAPPY 21ST JACKSON!", everyone cheered again and I could soon find tears welling up in my eyes.

"Thank you guys", I bowed at them all,

"Jinjjya jeongmal gomawoyo!"

-
-
-