Chapter 7: Mixed feelings

MARK'S POV

"W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!", I yelled at Jessica once I pushed her away from the kiss.

I can't believe that I just let her kiss me! What if others see this? Everyone in JYPE were well aware of my relationship with Wendy. My head started spinning.

"I'm s-sorry Mark... I shouldn't have done that... But please... Please don't leave me alone... I need you now...", Jessica apologized and pleaded.

I frowned and gave her one more look. She looked so pitiful now and the only good friend she has here is me, so that leaves me with no choice.

I sighed deeply.

"Ok Jessica, but please don't do anything like what you did before. I don't want others to misunderstand us", I stated clearly.

"Ok Mark! I promise!", beamed Jessica.

-
-
-

WENDY'S POV

"Unnie, we are all heading out for dinner. You wanna join us?", Jimin knocked on my door and asked.

"No, you guys just go ahead and enjoy yourselves. I have got something else to do", I replied.

"Ok, then we will get going. Bye!"

"Bye!", I said to her before hiding back underneath my blanket.

Jin had escorted me back to the dorm after that and I have been lying on my bed for the past few hours.

My heart wrenches when I think about what happened outside the showcase room just now.

Why of all people, it has to be Mark Tuan? Was it because Jessica is his best friend so it's a must for him to support her? And was he really putting the blame on me or did he say that just to console Jessica?

"ARGH!", I groaned as I massaged my temple. My head was throbbing from all these. I reached out for my phone which was lying beside me and I checked it again and again.

Not a single call from Mark. He didn't even try looking for me after the competition. Looks like his mind and soul is only with Jessica now...

I buried my face into my hands. The tears flowed unchecked down my cheeks and dripped from my chin. I was too sad to cry out or wail.

Just then, my phone vibrated. It was a text from Jin.

From: Jin oppa

Wendy-ssi, there's no point hiding up there in your dorm. You need some fresh air now. I will be waiting for you at the lobby, so come down soon. And no worries, everybody's gone.

Jin's right. I came here for a holiday, so I should make the best out of it. I shouldn't waste my time crying here. I need to find some activities to do which will help to clear my mind off those negative thoughts.

With that, I grabbed a coat from my closet and left the room.

Just as I was closing my room's door behind me, I heard a click from the door of the dorm and Jessica soon jostled her way past me.

"Move away will you? You are blocking my way!", she scorned.

I was left speechless by her rowdy behaviour and I shook my head incessantly as I slowly walked out of the dorm.

"I am telling you that you and Mark won't last long", she then shouted triumphantly from her room right before I leave.

I closed the door behind me quickly and leaned my weak body against it. My hand soon found it's way to my chest.