Chapter 25: Unraveling the truth

MARK'S POV

With a throbbing head and the foul stench of rotting dead rats working my mouth, I took in my surroundings.

I am lying on the ground. That, I could tell by my proximity to the concrete. Above me was the bright fluorescent light shining into my eyes, forcing me to squint in the process, and to my left, I made out that there were twin beds situated there.

I pounded on my head as I tried to recall some events.

"To XX hotel please."

The last thing I could remember was this female's voice ringing in my head.

SHIT. JESSICA!

I shot up from my supine position and looked down at myself reflexively to checked if I'm properly dressed.

Fortunately, my clothes, pants and everything were still intact.

Dahaenghida, I heaved a sigh of relief. Jessica didn't do anything out of her mind.

As I stood up from the ground, I tried calling out her name for a few times but there was no answer.

Did she left already?

My eyes then continued to scan around the room and when it soon fell onto the clock that was lying on the table, my face hardened.

9:30 pm. It was stated clearly on the screen.

And what the hell am I still doing here?! I'm suppose to be there at the studio for our wedding photoshoot but I'm already one and a half hour late!

Grabbing my belongings in a hurry, I scooted off but just as I opened the door, someone stopped me.

Holding his hand up, he flashed me his ID and looked at me sternly.

"Mark Tuan, someone had reported you to be involved in drug abuse, so you are now under arrest."

"What?", my mind was still blank as I tried to make out what the police officer was trying to say. But when I finally did, all I could say was,

"Sorry sir, I think you've gotten the wrong information. I don't do drugs."

"Then what is that?", he jerked his head towards the direction of the table and summoned his staff to get it for him.

Some white powder was poured over the table to my horror. But I can swear that I didn't even pay any attention to that once I gained consciousness.

I watched his subordinate swept his finger across it and eventually bringing up the small ziplock bag containing some white powder, studying it carefully.

Then, nodding his head briefly, he confirmed with his leader,

"Team jang, it's cocaine."

-
-
-

WENDY'S POV

BREAKING NEWS:

"In just half an hour ago, the police have raided a room at XX hotel and it was revealed that they have arrested a male by the initial of 'M', who was found to be involved in drug abuse. 'M', who is believed to be from a rookie Kpop group is currently undergoing investigation now. From the scene, our reporters have managed to capture this footages and we found out that this person showed some resemblance to Mark Tuan from GOT7. Mark Tuan is currently involved in the "We Got Married" filming with his real life girlfriend, Wendy and we have known that he is always open about his relationship with her. However, following this incident, we wonder how are some of his fans going to react and what will JYP have to say about this. For now, SBC NEWS is still looking out for more information, so stay tuned to find out more."