Chapter 11: Lost

"Wendy? What are you doing here?"

Joey faced me as he asked, giving me a dubious look.

"Er...I was just on my way to the bathroom!", I scooted off quickly, avoiding his stare. After I closed the bathroom's door behind me, I heaved a sigh of relief.

What a close shave! It would have been embarrassing if he found out that I was actually eavesdropping at Jessica and Tammy's conversation.

-
-
-

JOEY'S POV

What's wrong with her?

I was left alone standing there after Wendy gave me a short reply and hurried off quickly.

In my opinion, she was behaving real weird and I swear I saw her placing her ears against the girls' room, as if she was listening to what they were saying.

Aish, let's not allow her spoil my morning.

I shook those thoughts off my mind.

"Hey! What are you girls up to?", I said right after I entered Jessica and Tammy's room.

"Joey! Don't you know that it's a courtesy to knock?", Tammy threw her bolster at me.

"Yeah, we were planning on something and we couldn't let someone know just yet!", Jessica smiled cunningly.

"You scared us right there! We thought that you were her!"

"Her?"

"That bitch of course", Jessica snorted as she rolled her eyes.

"You mean Wendy?", I asked, just to make sure.

Jessica returned me with a 'duh' look and she pulled my arms to bring me closer to her.

"So, are you in?"

Honestly speaking, I didn't enjoy Wendy's presence. All along, I have thought that it would have been just Mark, Jessica, Andrea and me but Mark just had to bring another Wendy home this time. I can't bear to see my brother being hurt again, so I would rather he stay with someone who will always be by his side. And that person of my choice would be Jessica.

"Sure, count me in", I gave her an absolute reply.

-
-
-

WENDY'S POV

"Good morning Mama Tuan", I greeted her when I saw her already up, preparing breakfast at the kitchen.

"Let me help you", I added and went beside her to fry some eggs.

"Oh Wendy, you are so sweet~ It's really nice having you here! You know, I have always been waiting for this day, when my future daughter-in-law will cook alongside with me for the family", Mama Tuan chortled at her own words.

I blushed at the expected compliment and I was loss for words.

"What future daughter-in-law?", a voice then suddenly came from the back which startled me.

"Who says that I'm marrying her?", Mark teased as he placed his arms over Mama Tuan's shoulders and scanned me from head to toes.

"Mark! Stop fooling around!", Mama Tuan punched his chest lightly and shot me an apologetic look.

"Sorry Wendy, he didn't mean to say that!"

"Mum! You are the one who should stop! You will scare her away like this, right jagiya?", Mark told Mama Tuan and then winked at me.

"Anyway, I will definitely marry her, but you've got to see if she's willing to accept me. She's one tough girl you know, so I need you folks to help me to bribe her more!", he continued.