I'll play nice this time I promise

Y/n did not feel anything at first. She remembered looking down at the knife and back up at Alabaster as he stabbed her the pain came later. After he twisted it more and laid her on the ground there was a burning sensation on her stomach. She pressed her hand to pain as if hold everything in. Dark spots began to form in her eyesight as she stared up at the ceiling. She couldn't move but her entire body felt like it was on fire. She could hear yelling but it sounded far away. Someone lifted her arm off her stomach and she saw it was drenched in blood. Slowly everything felt cold, then it all went black. 

***

"How long has she been unconscious?"

"Almost twenty minutes?"

"What happened?"

"He stabbed her we don't know why"

"How could we let this happen?"

"It all happened so fast, it was like we couldn't move"

***

The compound exploded in chaos once the attackers left. Broken free from Piper's charm speak it everyone raced to get to y/n. Steve got there first and tried to stop the bleeding but it was Nat and Clint that got everyone to move her onto a jet. 

"Where are we going we don't have a lot of time?" Steve asked several times standing by y/n to make sure she didn't pass out.

"Shield" Clint and Nat said simultaneously.

"Shield does not exist anymore." Tony said from the back of the jet trying not to have an anxiety attack. 

"As far as you know" Nat responded. "We're landing, they know the situation?" She asked Clint.

"Yes they're waiting on us."

"Guys, she's unconscious" Steve shouted in a panic. Clint pushed the jet to go faster.

***

Right when they landed two agents and a doctor came in to wheel y/n out and into shield's secret base. "Did you stop the bleeding" The doctor asked in a British accent.

"Yes we did before we moved her." Steve responded walking in at a fast pace next to them.

She pushed around y/n wound. "No you didn't she's bleeding internally" She said before walking into an operation room and closing the door on Steve.He turned to join Tony, Nat and Clint who walked past him following an agent to the director's office. When they walked in and saw the director Tony and Steve's mouths fell open.

"Hey guys how've you been?" Phil Coulson said from behind the director's desk. 

"I'm sorry am I seeing this correctly? You died?" Tony said 

"Yes I did, now I'm back." Coulson said with a smile

Turning to Nat and Clint who looked unfazed Steve asked "Did any of you know  about this"

"We know a lot of things about Shield you don't" Nat responded. Tony started walking around the office picking up Coulson's antique spy gear and examining it, "So all this time you were just hanging out here in a secret base and never came by to say hi?" 

"A lot of things happened. Please don't touch that. For things to work it was need to know" Coulson answered. 

"Oh so none of us were important enough to be on the need to know list?" Steve argued back. He was pissed that shield still had a million secrets he didn't know about.