This sucks

y/n spent most of the hour sitting in her room bouncing her leg from the anxiety building up. Once the realization of what she was about to happen set in she got super anxious. No, she was scared. Y/n had been through a lot in her years as a demigod but never that close to death before. Peter had made her feel slightly better. He reminded her of the kids when they first find out about who they actually are. She always thought the million questions and excitement in their eyes was cute. 

Even though Peter seemed harmless she had to remind herself that he wasn't, no one here was. Y/n needed to get back on her mission and everyday in this compound gets in the way. Its not like the avengers were awful or anything. Maybe under different circumstances she would want to stay but that couldn't happen. The only problem was it's not like her other option would be warm and welcoming either. Jason, Piper, and Reyna always seemed nice but they weren't technically her friends. However they would trust her... well at least more than the avengers do here.

Movement in the hallway tore y/n out of her thoughts. She thought it was Tony or Peter coming to get her to leave but before she opened the door she heard Nat's voice "There's no reason for me to go"

"Please, just do it to keep an eye on her" y/n pressed her ear to the door when she heard Wanda start talking "You know, incase something bad happens"

"Nothing bad is going to happen. Thor is going with them, I don't know why you're asking me to go too." Nat had stopped further down the hall closer to her room which made it harder for y/n to hear. 

"They might need back up"

"They won't and if you care so much you should go"

"But she trusts you more"

"Wanda, I have work to do and don't have time to argue with you. They don't need us on this mission" Nat opened the door to her room and before walking in she turned back to Wanda "I don't know what this is really about but I'm not getting involved in whatever feud you have going against y/n. You work this out on your own" With that Nat shut the door leaving Wanda standing alone in the hallway. She walked back towards her room pausing in front of y/n's door. Y/n held her breath since she was still pressed up against the door from eavesdropping. She was half expecting Wanda to open the door to yell at y/n for listening in but instead she walked away and went into her own room. 

y/n backed up from the door and stood there in the middle of the room confused "What was that about?"

***

"Hey are you sure you're up for this" Steve walked besides y/n as the boarded the jet "With your injury and all?"

"I'm good. Look all healed" Y/n held up her shirt to reveal a pink scar across her stomach.

"Wow that was fast."

"You know..half god and all" Y/n joked knowing it was because she had eaten ambrosia everyday since she got here but she wanted to keep as many demigod secrets a secret as she could. She took a seat along the side and shortly after she sat down Peter came and sat next to her.

"Ok I've got tons of questions but Mr. Stark said I shouldn't bother you too much so I wrote them down to keep on track" he pulled out a phone revealing a list of numerous Greek myths and monsters. y/n took it from him and scrolled down to look at them all.

"Haha first of all Hades is not evil and him and Persephone actually have a healthy marriage" Y/n continued to go through the list as they flew to Montana. It wasn't long until she had everyone gathered around listening to her explain was real and what wasn't. When she started telling stories of her own quests and experiences of who she has run into over the years Thor jumped in. The two spent the rest of the ride trying to one up each other on who had the craziest monster experiences. Y/n let Thor win on the one condition that he would arm wrestle Zeus in the future so she can she who is stronger. 

***

They landed in a clearing not to far from the cabin but still hidden so no one would see them coming. Steve immediately took charge "Ok me, Tony, and Thor will approach the cabin with out any weapons out and Tiny don't turn your suit on right away. We have to remember we are not coming to fight, we are coming to talk. So we need to look that way."

"Well if this Jason is truly related to another god of thunder I might need to rough him up a little. You know, to get a better understand of my competition" Thor winked in y/n direct while she stifled a laugh. 

"That is exactly what we want to avoid" Steve shut him down fast "However, Sam I want you in the air watching our backs just incase"

"You got it boss" Sam put in his googles and started turning on his wings as they all started to walk out of the jet

Tony turned around, stopping y/n and Peter "You kid, I need you to stay here and watch Shadows"

"What?!" Peter and y/n said at the same time.

"Someone needs to make sure she doesn't come up behind us and pull something weird with her friends" 

y/n threw her hands up in annoyance "Are you kidding me? I thought the whole point of me coming was to talk with the first"

"Well last time you guys had a reunion someone put a knife in someone else stomach" y/n opened her mouth to protest Tony's statement but he spoke first again " We'll come get you when its safe I promise" rolling her eyes, y/n walked back further in the jet and slumped down in the first seat. She cross her arms and lets out a sigh of annoyance. 

"Mr. Stark, are you really benching me on this one? It doesn't even seem that dangerous" While Peter begged Tony pulled him further aside and began speaking in a lower voice. 

"She's dangerous, I need someone I can trust and I trust you ok?" Tony place his hands on Peter's shoulders.

Peter glanced back over to y/n sitting in the hair spinning her bracelets around her wrists. "Dangerous....?" 

"Yup, don't let her out of your sight!" Tony gave somewhat of a reassuring smile as he begun to off the jet. Once he was fully off, Peter hit the button closing the ramp. He walked over and slumped down in the seat next to y/n kicking his feet out of annoyance.

 "This sucks"