Get out of my way

A/N: Finally back at it. Sorry if there are typos I wanted to get this out.

Wanda had her ear pressed to the door as she eavesdropped on the drama in the hall.

"I don't think this is a good idea" She overheard Steve say

Tony responded with a usual snarky comment "Relax fun police. We aren't leaving the compound.. you know the one I own"

She listened as two sets of footprints walked further away. Still leaning up against the door she smiled to herself thinking about how smug y/n must look right now. As soon as she was sure the hallway was completely vacant, Wanda opened the door and casually made her way towards Tony's lab.

On her way she tried to think of a believable enough excuse of why she would run into y/n in the lab. She and Tony rarely spent time together, so Wanda was drawing a blank. Before she could come with anything, she realized she was already in front the glass door. She stood in front of it biting her nails getting second thoughts about going in

...maybe I could run into her later or wait till she's done or..

Wanda's overthinking was cut off when she noticed y/n acting weird...no more suspicious than weird. As she spied through the glass door she watched as y/n slipped her hand into a case while Tony's back was turn. Wanda kept her eyes trained on y/n as she watched her drop whatever was in that case into her pocket and casually walk up to Tony like nothing happened. Tony, who was oblivious to y/n movements, continued on talking about whatever scientific breakthrough he had just made.

Huh? Wanda slowly backed up from the lab entrance processing what she just witnessed. y/n was definitely up to something...but she did not know what. After thinking it over for a bit Wanda decided to wait before telling anyone else in the compound. She didn't even know what y/n was planning so Wanda convinced herself it was probably best to watch her and figure that out before sharing.

She was so lost in thought she didn't hear Vision appear in the hallway.

"Wanda?"

"Omg!" Wanda jumped and turned around to see Vision "Hey Vis.."

"What are you doing by Tony's lab? It looked like you were about to go in...you never go in there." He asked confused.

"Oh no..." Wanda started to slightly panic "I was just wandering around. Do you want to get breakfast?"

"I do not eat food." He said with a straight face. He looked past her shoulder into the lab and noticed who was in there. "But I will go with you."

"Great."

***

Y/n paced around her room glancing at the clock for a fourth time in the past hour.

1:02 am

She had been waiting for everyone in the compound to fall asleep before she tried anything. She hadn't heard any movement since 11 o'clock and Wanda's room had been suspiciously quiet, she hadn't heard the tv once. Cracking her neck she decided it was safe to put her plan in motion.

She hadn't actually made a plan besides get the bracelet off and run into the shadows and hope for the best. Anxiety started to rise in her chest as she closed all the blinds, making the room as dark as possible. Finally she put on her backpack that was stuffed with everything she had before plus some extra clothes she took from the closet.

Taking a deep breath, y/n stood in the middle of the room and rolled up her sweatshirt sleeve. Taking the little device she had stolen out of her pocket, she braced herself.