Just ignore her

Jemma sat in a chair pulled up close to the hospital bed fix y/n's stitches. She was being as gentle as she possibly could but since there hasn't been a lot of time for the wound to heal most of the skin around it was still tender. Y/n had her eyes glued to the ceiling trying ignore the fact there was a needle repeatably piercing her skin. "How much longer?" y/n ask trying to sound unbothered.

"Just a few more. I have to redo the whole thing" Jemma said focused on her work trying her best to make this as painless as possible. 

Natasha leaned up against a wall observing y/n's reactions "I would never guess you were scared of needles"

"I'm not, I am just in a lot of pain right now" y/n said closing her eyes to keep her from seeing Jemma working.

"There, I'm all done" Jemma placed a bandage over the stitches and rolled down y/n shirt "Now please refrain from doing that again"

Taking a deep breath y/n said "I'm sorry"

Jemma smiled sweetly "It's alright these things happen I get you were scared.  Here, give me your arm and I'll restart your morphine drip." She picked up the iv y/n had pulled out earlier and went to pick up her arm.

"Uh... No- No thanks I'm good" Y/n said nervously and shielded her arm from Jemma.

"Are you sure? The pain is going to get worse before it gets better and it'll help you sleep."

Y/n quickly nodded her head "Yes I'm sure." Jemma opened her mouth to keep insisting but shut it and put down the needle. Sighing Jemma said. "Ok let me know if you change your mind." She picked up the rest of her medical tools and walked out, leaving just Nat and y/n.

"Not scared of needles huh?" Nat pulled the chair Jemma was using a little further from the bed and sat down in it.

"Nope" y/n said not making eye contact.

"y/n, we're not going to hurt you. We want to help you and your friends" Nat leaned her head back on the chair.

"They're not my friends" she began fiddling with one of the bracelets "You're not either."

"I promise you can trust us from now on we're going to protect you"

"Ya? protect me with these?" Y/n held up the bracelets.

"Those are just temporary. It's for everyone's safety" Nat explained 

"Really? it feels more like I am a criminal, remember when you drugged me?" Y/n twisted the bracelets around and tried to pull one off over her hand.

"To be fair you did give me a black eye" Nat watch her bring a bracelet up to her mouth and try to rip it open with her teeth. "stop that you might hurt yourself again"

Y/n bit down harder but a star shock stung through her arm. "Ow" she dropped her arm back down giving up " I guess your right" 

"I can't tell if I'm impressed by you or you're just the dumbest person I've met and I work with a lot of questionable people"

"Hilarious" Y/n rolled her eyes "What now? You want me to tell you all my deepest darkest secrets?"

Nat laughed at her "Maybe later. Right now I just want you to heal. Are you sure you don't want any pain medicine?"

Y/n glanced nervously over at the needles "I guess I could use some"

"Because you're not scared of needles?" Nat slightly made fun of her

"Right because I'm not scared of needles" y/n smiled feeling slightly more comfortable than she did earlier. 

***

Two days passed until y/n was well enough to leave the bed and go back to the compound. She had spent most of the time sleeping. Slowly she began to warm up to Nat. They didn't talk about what was going on. Y/n shared stories about how she got kicked out of so many schools and Nat told her about missions she went on with Clint. She also described what it was like living in the compound and everyone that lived there. They flew back in a smaller quinjet and Nat let y/n sit up front while she flew.

"They hate me don't they?" Y/n asked sitting up on her knees to get a better look out the window.

"Who?" Nat motioned her to sit back down.

"Everyone else we're about to see."

"Oh" Nat laughed. "No they don't hate you. Some of their ego's might be a little bruised from when you kicked their ass but no they just want to help too"

"Ok that makes me feel better." Y/n said while she scratch around the scab forming on her stomach. She still had stitches but she was healing slightly faster than normal and the skin around the wound started getting stronger. "Is Wanda going to be there? She kind of creeps me out."

"She lives there so I don't see why not and she creeps everyone out just ignore it"

***

Soon they landed at the compound. Nat tried to help y/n walk off the jet but she brushed her off and limped on her own. Nat walked in front but kept glancing back to make sure she was ok.

"She lives!" Tony joked as they walked into the main room of the living area. "I honestly thought you two might have killed each other" Nat rolled her eyes at his comment and y/n choked on a laugh "But seriously we are glad you're feeling better" He said genuinely

"Thanks" Y/n was relieved nothing seemed awkward. 

"Here we got your stuff from that car we found you with" Tony held up y/n backpack. "Obviously we went through it but you can have it. Heres your phone... I went through that too. Sorry but nice job being an A lister on the Kardashian game." 

Y/n took her things from Tony and slipped her phone into her pocket. "Uhh thanks I guess" 

Steve  walked in the room from a hallway on the other side "So good news and bad news" He said to Tony. "The good news is she is cleared to stay in the spare room instead of downstairs" He gestured towards y/n. "The bad news is Wanda is not happy with having her as a neighbor" He said quieter and quickly gave y/n a sympathetic look.

"Uh too bad I own the place" Tony said

"I appreciate the offer but you don't need to do all this for me to stay here. I don't want to cause any drama." Y/n said. Everyone just kind of stared at her for a couple of seconds before she realized " Oh.. I don't have a choice"

"There's not going to be any drama" Steve reassured. "Just let me talk to her" He exited back down the hallway to go make the situation better.

"Like I said" Nat squeezed y/n shoulder "Just ignore her"

thats impossible y/n thought before following Nat down the hallway to her new room and new neighbor.