Maybe I wanted a change of scenery

A/N: football season keeps distracting me from writing

"Can you sit still for five minutes" Wanda, who was sitting on her bed, looked up from her computer at y/n spinning in the desk chair.

y/n rolled her eyes before rolling the chair over to look at Wanda's laptop screen. "Did you find anything yet?" she reached over and turned the screen to face her to get a better look.

"Not yet"

"Well, that's because you spelled Tartarus wrong" y/n pointed at the screen.

"What?" She turned the laptop back round. "I did not."

"There's no 'e' its spelled with an 'a' instead. T A R T A R-"

"Alright" Wanda cut her off. "I fixed it" She pushed the laptop towards the end of the bed so they could both see it. Y/n leaned her elbows on the bed rested her head in her hands while she watched Wanda scroll through the search results.

"Ooh there click on that" y/n leaned forward and touched the screen pointing to the website she saw.

"greekmythology101.com?" Wanda wiped off the fingerprint y/n left on the screen. "Is this a joke?"

"No no this website is the best. Ten out of ten reliable"

Wanda looked unconvinced but scrolled through the table of contents anyways "This talks about a helmet"

"That's the helm of Hades. It's different."

"But it's a helmet" Wanda shrugged her shoulders.

"But not MY helmet. Here click on Dolos." Y/n reached forward and touched the screen again.

"Stop that" Wanda swatted her hand away "Ok Dolos..." They scrolled through a wiki like page skimming through all the words "Hey does that say Nyx?"

"Ya..."

"Does that mean?"

"Yes" y/n let out a long sigh and leaned back in her chair "Dolos is my brother, the god of trickery"

"Does he ever play any pranks on you?"

y/n rolled her eyes "Please, I doubt he knows I exist"

Wanda turned from the computer screen to face y/n with a confused look "But you guys are family?"

"I'm not their family. Every other child of Nyx is a god and I'm not. They'll never respect me, never acknowledge me" her voice rose from anger as she continued to talk. "As long as I'm mortal they'll never acknowledge me."

Wanda didn't know what to say. y/n anger caught her off guard.  y/n, who was slightly out of breath from getting so worked up, got up and rolled the chair back over to the desk. She gave it a harsh shove. It hit the corner of the desk and rolled slightly back out from under it. "This is dumb I'm going to bed"

"Stop" Wanda uncrossed her legs and picked up the laptop. She pointed to the now empty space next to her. "Sit down"

Y/n debated whether or not she was going to listen or storm out. After a few moments she gave in and sat next to Wanda on the bed. Pulling her hood over her head she leaned back on the pillows and crossed her arms.

Wanda was still sitting up right in the bed and looked down at y/n lying next to her "Now is there anything here that you didn't know before?" She said dropping the computer in y/n's lap.

y/n uncrossed her arms and pushed up her right sleeve. She used her right hand to scroll down the web page while biting the fingernails on her left hand. "Oh my god"

"hm?"

"He made it with clay from the underworld" y/n didn't wait for input from Wanda "I knew Dolos did pottery or whatever but if it connected to the underworld, I know just the right person to find it. See?" Y/n tried to show Wanda what she was reading off the screen but noticed she wasn't paying attention. Instead, Wanda's eyes had been glued to y/n right forearm which was now partially exposed form when y/n had pushed her sleeve up.

Wanda reached past the computer and took a hold of y/n wrist. She pulled it towards her to get a better look and pushed up the sleeve more revealing a tattoo.

"Is this burned into you?" she ran her fingers over the slightly raised skin tracing the letters the spelled SPQR.

"No..haha.. it's a.... tattoo" The feeling of Wanda's fingers lightly tracing the marks on her forearm made y/n mind go completely blank. It was like everything froze for a moment.

"It looks like you were branded"

"Ya well" Y/n pulled herself together and snapped out of it. She pulled her arm away from Wanda and rubbed the area as if to wipe of whatever feeling was just there. "It's what I get for spending one year at camp Jupiter"

Wanda watch y/n pulled her sleeve down to cover it up before crossing her arms and holding them close to her chest as if she was protecting them. "I thought you went to the other camp."

"Maybe I wanted a change of scenery" y/n shrugged her shoulders still holding her arms close.

"What does it mean?"

"Well," y/n slowing revealed the tattoo again while making sure she was the only one to touch her arm. "SPQR just means I'm a part of their gang or whatever. It means Roman People or something. That line symbolizes my one year and.."

"The black moon?"

"That's telling the whole world my godly parent is Nyx."

"Oh right.."

y/n pulled her sleeve back down for the second time "Anymore questions?"

"No.." Wanda looked away from y/n back to the laptop. "Did we find anything that tells us where that guy took the helmet?"

y/n needed to separate herself from Wanda. Her heart rate still hadn't slowed to normal from Wanda touching her tattoo. "yes, I did." She closed the laptop, placed it on the bed between them and got up.

"What are you doing now?" Wanda also got up too and walked to the door behind y/n

y/n turned around "it's 2am I'm going to sleep"

"Are you ok? You started acting weird once I brought up that" Wanda gestured towards y/n's arm.

y/n shifted on her feet and rubbed her left hand along her right arm as if she was cold. "it's a sensitive subject ok and I'm tired and frustrated I still don't know where Alabaster is" she tried to shrug off Wanda with a lie but the look on her face told her that Wanda did not buy it.

Wanda reached forward causing y/n to flinch. She raised an eyebrow as she turned the doorknob and pushed the door that y/n was standing in front of open. "Ok goodnight."

y/n looked behind her and then quickly looked back at Wanda before stepping out of the room and practically running into her own. Once she shut the door, she dove face first into her bed and finally let out the breath she'd been holding.