𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘴𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺'𝘴 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 )

It took a while, but Dean finally convinced Rory and Cherry to have breakfast with him before school.

The trio sat awkwardly at no other place than Luke's Dinner, eating through their breakfast in silence. Dean kept glancing between the two girls, opening his mouth to try and think of a topic of conversation between the two. Cherry was aware of Dean's glances and Rory's fidgetness, giving Jess and Shane a last look, she decided to break the awkwardness.

"So, how's Chilton? I haven't seen Paris in a while."

Rory's baby blue eyes looked up surprise, unsure of whether Cherry was being genuine or not. Last time they had talked, Cherry had snapped in her face about how she had been treating Dean and Jess. And Rory had to admit it ─ she had been. But the casual tone and the small smile on the blonde's face made Rory relax. 

"It's alright. Me and Paris aren't on the best terms right now."

Cherry quirked an eyebrow. "That's a shame." taking a bite of some bacon, Rory realised that Cherry kept glancing at Jess and Shane, but with Dean between the two she kept quiet. 

Sick of the awkward silence, Dean sighed. "Look, you two are the most important girls in my life ─ apart from my sister and mother, of course ─ and I wish you would get along like you used to."

The two girls looked away guiltily ─ they had never been best friends, as their personalities clashed slightly. But they shouldn't have let Jess get in between the two ─  despite their differences, they both cared for Dean. "You're right."

Dean raised his eyebrows at Cherry's words, glancing at his girlfriend unsurely. "Wait─ come again?"

"Don't make me repeat it." Cherry grumbled, making Dean laugh loudly. It wasn't every day Cherry admitted someone else was right. Turning to Rory, she added "Seeing as we'll be spending time together, I would like to amend our friendship."

Rory smiled, curtly nodding. "Of course. I'd like that too."

"This is great." Dean grinned, before wrapping his arm around Rory. "We should go ─ can't have you missing the bus."