𝐱𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘥𝘴 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘴 )

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

 𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗥𝗬 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗕𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗔𝗩𝗢𝗜𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗝𝗘𝗦𝗦.

Even he had been able to figure that out in a matter of days. He first noticed the next day, when she failed to show up at Luke's Diner in the whole day. Cherry always had a daily meal there. But Jess had shrugged it off — there could be a perfectly reasonable explanation to this. But then the days were crossed off the calendar and he felt the empty space of the curly haired blonde even more. 

The first fall of snow had covered the town in a blanket of white haze, and Jess had started to wear sweaters under his leather jacket, the thick gloves Cherry had knitted for him last Christmas tucked in his pockets. The memory brought a soft smile to his face, the corner of his lips tugging upwards — despite the fact that some of the fingers of the glove where longer than others. 

Jess stopped in his tracks, the Winter Festival in front of him. Stands with different activities were displayed in the town centre, the bustle of the large crowd surrounding it. He had told Rory he might swing by, yet there he was, hesitating. He found that he didn't want to spend the evening faking smiles while he pondered on the reasons why his best friend was suddenly avoiding him. 

So, instead, he turned on his heel, his back facing the festival as he walked away, making his decision. Instead, with the path memorised, Jess walked in the direction of Cherry's house. The cold pricked his face by the time he got there, the tip of his nose red. Bristly knocking his knuckles on the blue painted door, he rubbed his hands as he awaited for an answer. After a while, he lifted his hand again.

Yet the door swung open, with Jess's fist hanging in the air as he met Kirk's grin. Slightly surprised, Jess let his arm fall to a side. "Mariano! What are you doing here?"