𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐭, 𝐜𝐨𝐰𝐛𝐨𝐲

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘭𝘶𝘬𝘦'𝘴 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴)

That morning was a busy one in Luke's Diner. 

Grabbing a stool, Cherry slowly made her way to the Gilmores, rubbing her tired eyes as she slumped over the counter. Luke rolled his eyes at the blonde but slid her a mug of coffee. Thanking him, she sipped it, as Lorelai and Rory watched her amused. "Did you even sleep last night?"

"How could I? Baywatch was one, and the temptation of hot men running on the beach was too big." Lorelai laughed, nodding her head in agreement. "Especially Eddie Kramer. Wowie." 

"I mean, I can't disagree."

"Now, what are you ladies having? Eggs, toast, bacon?" Luke interrupted, glancing at Cherry. "I know you're having chocolate chip pancakes, like every other morning."

Cherry grinned. "Thanks Luke."

The two Gilmores ordered french toast and a second cup of coffee when Jess climbed down the stairs, pushing the curtain open to step behind the counter. Luke turned, a frown on his face, glancing at his watch. "Jess, you were supposed to be down here since-" he paused, stopping to stare at his nephew's Metallica shirt. "What the hell is that?"

"It's a shirt." 

"Go change."

"But I like this shirt! It brings out my eyes." Jess replied deadpanned, throwing a glare at Cherry when she snorted in amusement, mischief glittering in her eyes at watching Jess squirm under his uncle's scolding.

"You work here. And when you work here, you wear proper work attire. So go change into something that won't scare my customers." Jess groaned, rolling his eyes as he pointed an accusing finger at Cherry.

"What about her? She's wearing the most ridiculous outfit ever. What even are those earrings? Won't that scare the children?" 

Cherry scoffed, a frown replacing the taunting smile as Jess dragged her into the conversation. "Watch it, cowboy. I don't even work here."

Jess crossed his arms over his chest. "Doesn't matter. Clothes that  ridiculous are a crime against fashion."

"Go change." Luke pushed Jess towards the stairs, and Cherry could hear the teenage boy groaning, muttering and sulking all the way to the top. The blonde smiled triumphantly before focusing on her coffee, as Rory watched her carefully.