𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘴 )

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

𝗡𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥, 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗜𝗧𝗬 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗪𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗘𝗗 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗥 𝗔 𝗕𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗞𝗘𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗡𝗢𝗪.

Lately, Jess and Cherry were being kept busy, making it hard to find time for each other. Cherry had moved out, not wanting to impose her stay any longer, after Jacqueline offered her a place to share. Apart from the vivacious redhead, Cherry made friends with her other new roommate, a law student at NYU named Arabella. But the departure meant she saw less of Jess — she had late shifts at the bar, and Jess was focused on finishing a draft of his book before the summer, as Truncheon was interested in publishing. 

But Cherry would be damned if she missed Jess' birthday. 

Sleeping over at his apartment, Cherry had awoken alone, the rays of sun creeping in  through the gaps in the curtain. Searching for a piece of clothing, she slipped on a shirt too large for her as her feet softly padded across the wooden floor. She found Jess sprawled across the couch, laptop on his lap as his head leaned on a cushion, lips slightly agape as he snored softly. Tutting, Cherry went to the kitchen to grab some things — it wasn't new the custom of Jess dropping everything to continue writing.

Returning to the living room, Cherry now had a cupcake in her hand with a lit candle, nudging Jess with her foot as she softly began singing to him, watching as his eyes flickered open. "Happy birthday!"

Jess groaned slightly as he hid his face under the cushion. "Go away, Cher."

Narrowing her eyes, Cherry placed the cupcake nearer to his face. "You better make a wish before I set this couch, and you, on fire."

"My wish is that no one gives further acknowledgement to this hollow, meaningless symbolic day of a milestone in the life of Jess Mariano." his words were muffled from behind the cushion, refusing to celebrate what he considered just another day like any other.