𝐯𝐢. 𝐝𝐨𝐠-𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘵 𝘳𝘰𝘳𝘺'𝘴 )

When Cherry walked into Luke's Dinner, the last thing she expected was to see half of the ceiling missing, with plastic sheets hanging from the walls. But that's exactly what she saw that morning. Confused, she managed to dodge a piece of concrete falling from the ceiling before taking her usual place on the counter. 

"You don't want to sit there. Four people have been nailed on the head already." Luke said as he approached Cherry, pouring her a mug of coffee.

"You better move, Cherry. If you get anymore brain damage, you won't have any brain cells left." Jess drawled as he approached the dinner with a construction hat to protect his head before handing the blonde an umbrella. 

Cherry grabbed it, pushing it open. "Conflicted between saying thank you for the umbrella or insulting you back."

Jess leaned on the counter, raising an eyebrow. "Don't try and insult me, you're going to make me loose my cool and my reputation." he drawled sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"Can't loose what you never had." Cherry retorted, wincing when a piece of the ceiling bounced off her umbrella. Jess glared at Luke when he snorted in laughter at Cherry's comment, agreeing with her.

As Jess walked by annoyed, Luke ignored Cherry's high five, who shrugged before downing her coffee and heading towards school. 

∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎

Finally, school day was over. Cherry had the house all to herself. Her mother and grandfather were working. ABBA on full volume on the speaker. The Pride and Prejudice novel in her hand. Delivery pizza on its way. Basic heaven.

As she was about to turn the TV on to rewatch some episodes from Friends, the telephone rang. Groaning, she considered not picking up. But it could be the pizza delivery store. Stretching her limbs, Cherry pulled herself to the phone and picked it up, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "Yes?"