𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘴 )

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

𝗝𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗔𝗡𝗢 𝗪𝗢𝗨𝗟𝗗 𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗕𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗬𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗘𝗟𝗦𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗡 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗥𝗢𝗥𝗬'𝗦 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗠𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥. 

Emily Gilmore kept ranting about things he wasn't interested in, and he stabbed his food around, avoiding the look that Rory was giving him. He knew what it looked like, his bruised eye and arriving late. Yet the assumption angered him, the immediate look of disappointment at the thought of him picking fights even when that simply wasn't the case.

And Rory wasn't willing to let it go. "So, the eye must have been recent. Sometime between nine last night and now."

Jess clenched his jaw as Emily pushed her chair back. "There's no salt and pepper! We'll need it for the meat."

Waiting for her to leave the room, he turned to Rory in disbelief. "What is your problem?"

"My problem? You're the one who's hiding the truth." she scoffed, brushing her dark hair away from her pale-complexion face. "You've been in a fight with Dean, right? That's what it is."

He stared at her, waiting to see if she was serious, before lowering his gaze. "Unbelievable. It all comes back to Dean."

"Oh, that's rich, coming from you." Rory snapped, squirming in her seat under Jess's heavy gaze.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

She licked her lips, undecided in whether to bring it up. "You and Cherry. She's all you ever talk about, all the time. Cherry this, Cherry that. One would think you're in love with her or something."