The Last Stand

Dillios fought six on one with wooden swords practicing his failure against the three Persian soldiers. He screamed as swords clashed, "flood the field with water knee-high" the water flooded the battlefield as soldiers trained. If the water could heal him, then it could make his strength and powers more significant in battle. This was Dillios' plan to kill the king in water where his power is strong. Being the son of Poseidon he must take advantage and turn the tide. Soon the training felt easier and his movements got quicker.

 He slashed two soldiers with the wooden sword they fell hitting the water. The remaining four circled him and charged, Dillios moved swiftly letting two of them kill each other. Dillios jumped and slammed his wooden sword into one's chest while using his sword to slam into the other head. Dillios smiled and said, "We are ready, train hard, learn what powers you may have, there are many minor gods and Olympian gods". 

The horn blew as the Persian army moved to the field of battle the king's sister Artemisia led as her brother stood in the back. Dillios watched as the soldiers of Greece clashed with the Persians. He walked towards Xerxes and shouted, "Fight me, coward you have no chance in combat, you wait for the easy kill". Xerxes laughed and waved at his sister "kill him and bring me the leader's head". Artemisia charged at Dillios with her two short swords swinging the right wildly as he parried the swing and slashed her arm leaving a large cut. She swung again missing the left as she thrust the right in a stabbing motion, Dillios easily blocked it and stabbed her in the chest kicking her off his sword. Artemisia lay in the water as blood surrounded her body. She tried to move as Dillios watched and stabbed her in the head, putting her out of the pain.

 Xerxes screamed in rage and charged Dillios with his ax swinging wildly but with immense strength. It clashed against Dillios sword pushing him back Xerxes smiled a deadly smile downward to Dillios. He pushed the ax down harder trying to disarm Dillios, Dillios kicked at Xerxes' leg making him stumble backward giving Dillios time to stand up. Dillios grinned and spoke calmly "Άη γαμήσου(Fuck you)" he charged as the words came out. He put his left hand out making the water circle Xerxes pulling his ax down. Just as Xerxes struggled to get his ax up Dillios stabbed him in the chest once and went for another stab but it was too late Xerxes slammed the ax into his side and kicked him to the floor. Xerxes raised his ax to behead Dillios but a Greek soldier speared Xerxes and sent punches at his head. He held Xerxes down for a second just enough for Dillios to regain his strength, just enough time for Xerxes to snap the soldier's neck. Dillios watched infuriated as he swung his sword slicing off Xerxes' left arm. Xerxes swung his ax at and Dillios dodged it easily and sliced Xerxes right leg off at the knee. Dillios watched as Xerxes struggled to get to a knee and grab his ax. Dillios stepped on his hand and raised his ax and slammed it into his chest shoving it deep. Xerxes tried to speak as his words gurgled "yooouuu haveee noot wo-". The words were cut short as Dillios swung his sword, chopping off Xerxes' head. He looked down at the head as the water turned red. The Persians were retreating with no commander. The war was over. 

The Olympians looked down at the carnage as Apollo spoke, "This is the time for monsters. The first war with the Titans is coming. We had a battle once. This will end the first Titan war. The second is bound to come. Demigods will be an important part". Apollo pointed at Dillios "he will be important for the first titan and giant wars. Deaths will come but if everything goes right we will be standing at the end". Zeus looked at Poseidon and spoke calmly, "Shall it commence the wars Apollo brings prophecy to the demigods, a camp for them with leaders for the young and old to be strong. We must teach them to harness their power".