The Gates Of Hades

Maya broke the silence "we should rest here, wait till morning, we'll have eight days left". Sophia nodded and they laid down to sleep with the blankets Dillios left them.

 Meanwhile, in the underworld, Dillios roamed around to the place of judgment where the skeletons stared at him. One skeleton spoke, "Son of Poseidon go to the palace of Hades he has work and a solution for you". Dillios walked past Cerberus into the palace of Hades, two skeletons escorted Dillios to the throne room. Hades sat on his throne beside him sat Persephone, Dillios knew the story of how the marriage worked but he didn't dare speak about it. Hades' voice boomed, "Son of Poseidon you will accept my tasks and I will give you the power needed to stand to Kronos". Dillios stood still Staring at Hades, "what are the tasks"? Hades grinned as Persephone frowned at him "tell him the tasks, we can't hide in the underworld when the war comes''. Hades sighed and spoke, "my wife is right we must be at the battle. I need you to kill four titans for me". Dillios looked around "Uh where are they"? Hades looked at him, "they are in Tartarus, you must kill these four so they won't be at the battle". Dillios grabbed his sword from his side "I'll need a way up and down". Hades nodded "it's covered, seek out Crius, Coeus, Lapetus, and Hyperion. If these four live we have no chance in the battle, your friends will be here by morning if you need help then you'll get reinforcements". Dillios nodded and Persephone snapped sending him to Tartarus in a flash of golden light. She sighed "if he dies we'll sitting ducks here on the 20th". Hades nodded "I know, he will succeed. I talked with Apollo and the fates". 

Dillios walked through the depths of Tartarus slaughtering drakons, giants, panotti, cyclops, damned spirits. Dillios reached the first titan Crius as he watched him swinging an ax that reminded him of Xerxes. Crius slammed his ax into a tree but his ax had several blades, one at the top like a normal ax and 4 large blades right under the one from the top. He ripped the ax out of the tree ripping it clean off the trunk Crius grinned and put his ax down as he went to the fire pit. Dillios snuck over and slammed his sword through the backup Crius all the way to the hilt. Crius screamed in agony alerting his brothers but it was too late for him, Dillios pulled his sword out and in one swift motion decapitated Crius as he crumbled to ash. Hyperion turned the corner with his sword in hand to watch his brother's ashes disappear in the wind. He charged out of rage Dillios sidestepped his attack and slashed across his midsection leaving a large cut. Hyperion stumbled backward against the wall and struggled to raise his sword as Dillios slammed his sword into his chest. Hyperion dusted just as Lapetus and Coeus sprouted from the ground fully healed and at their most strength. Dillios looked at them watching Lapetus grip his spear as Coecus held a dagger. Dillios shrugged "Επιτεθειτε μου(Attack me)". He charged, slashing at Coecus catching him in the arm. Lapetus slammed his spear towards Dillios but he dodged slicing it in half. Dillios slashed at Lapetus but Coecus recovered from his cut and stabbed Dillios in the stomach. Coecus retracted his blade and stabbed him again in the chest, Dillios slumped to a knee. Lapetus walked away to retrieve the spearhead as Coecus turned his back on Dillios to get the sword of Hyperion. Dillios raised his blood-soaked body and slashed Coecus in half his body dripped blood as the ashes started to blow to the ground. Lapetus turned and threw his spearhead at Dillios but he had just enough time to dodge it letting it fly into the wall. Lapetus screamed at him in rage "Πέτα το σπαθί να με πολεμήσεις σαν γιο του Ποσειδώνα(Drop the sword and fight me like a son of Poseidon)". Dillios stared at him with rage boiling as his blood warmed his body dripping down his hands. Dillios dropped his sword and screamed charging, the first punch landed at his head but Lapetus shook it off. Dillios swung left and right connecting each time but it didn't matter Lapetus kept coming. Dillios was drained his punches were stiff and slow Lapetus swung at his wounded stomach making his blood drip faster as he connected. Dillios slumped over gripping his sword hidden under his body. Lapetus grinned down at him "Απογοήτευσες τον γιο του Ποσειδώνα, θα συναντήσεις τα αδέρφια σου στις Θερμοπύλες(You have failed son of Poseidon, you will join your brothers in Thermopylae)". Lapetus raised his dagger and thrust downwards just as Maya threw her spear through his chest he fell to a knee. Sophia quickly decapitated Lapetus as Maya put her spear back on her back. They went to reach for Dillios but in a flash, they were back in the palace of Hades. Sophia screamed with rage "heal him you promised a way to face Kronos". Hades laughed "I didn't swear on the Styx riv-", he was cut off as Persephone slapped him. She spoke angrily "heal the boy and tell him about the river". Hades grumbled "dip him in the river of Styx concentrate on one part of your body that will be the only vulnerability" he snapped sending them to the river. Sophia and Maya lifted Dillios as he groaned Sophia spoke "Dillios concentrate on one part of your body". They slowly dipped him into the river holding him under, Dillios shook and kicked as he faded in and out remembering his birthmark on the back of his ankle. When he was about to die his last breath submerged they yanked him out. Sophia started giving CPR while Maya talked to a skeleton guard to find they had traveled back to camp in Sparta. Dillios spit up water as Sophia hugged him "I missed you so much don't ever die on me again". Maya smiled at them "you die and I'll kill you myself Dillios". The skeleton returned to Maya "you'll teleport in 10 seconds and return ". Maya wanted to say something but they teleported landing right in the middle of the sword fighting practice area. Everyone looked at them stunned until the Athena cabin shouted "hurray"! The three of them were swarmed until Cyrus walked over separating the crowd. Cyrus spoke firmly "the solstice is in two days we must all travel to Athens. The gods are fighting Typhoons holding him back. Kronos is planning an all-out attack on Athens he has drakons, giants, titans, demigods, and hydra".