Chapter 14

*Gamzee's POV*

I wanted to show the little mama a fun time. I knew she was getting all up and bored just staying at the circus all the motherfuckin time. I wanted to see a motherfuckin genuine smile from her...

"This will be so fun!" I heard her exclaim from my side. Sure, she was all up and smiling now, but i wanted a big motherfuckin smile. One that made me know for sure I was doing a good motherfuckin job.

We stepped into the carnival and bright colors surrounded us. It was so... Motherfuckin... Beautiful...

***

*Cynthia's POV*

I smiled as Gamzee and I walked into the carnival. Everything was so pretty! Music played around us and I looked up to see Gamzee's expression. He was smiling stupidly, getting lost in the colors. I started laughing and he snapped out of it, looking at me.

"What? Can't a brother just appreciate motherfuckin miracles?" He asked with a smile.

I smiled, holding his hand and making our way through the crowds. His hand held onto mine protectivly. He was so cute. After looking around a bit he decided he wanted to play some games.

"You sure?" I asked with a giggle.

"Fuck yeah lil mama. I'm stronger than i look." He said with a wink, making me blush. We stepped up to the stands and he chose the game where you throw baseballs at cans and jars. He chuckled, stepping up to the counter after he paid. He picked up the first ball and-

SMASH

The first stack of jars fell, breaking all three when they hit the ground. The worker smiled, a bit impressed and handed him the next ball. He set up some cans and stepped back.

CRASH

All three cans fell with force after he threw the ball. The worker grinned, setting up the last round. He put up twice as many cans, stepping back once again, handing him the last ball. Gamzee threw the ball, knocking down every one of the cans except one. He huffed and frowned.

"Hey man, it's ok. I haven't seen anyone hit that many in a long time." The worker said, smiling. "You go ahead and take a prize from the top shelf."

Gamzee's eyebrows raised and he grinned, giving the worker a fist bump.

"Thanks brother." He said with a smile. He reached up to get a stuffed animal but his eyes widened in surprise.

"Everything ok Gamzee?" I asked, a bit concerned.

"Y-yeah..." He took ahold of the stuffed animal and stared at it. It looked like a goat fish sort of thing... It looked familiar though.

Gamzee looked up at the man. "Zodiac themed this year?"

The man nodded and smiled. "Oh yeah, they're going all out. It's the star festival. We celebrate this every year. They even brought you guys in. Love the horns by the way. Don't you guys ever take them off?"

"O-oh uh, no Hussie doesn't want us to be outta character."

"It's understandable man. I mean... We have to where this." He cringed, reaching under the counter and pulling out a hat with a giant lit up star glued on it. Gamzee chuckled.

"Well i hope it gets better for ya brother. And again, thanks." He said with a smile, waving as we walked away. The man smiled back and waved as we walked back into the crowd. Gamzee looked down at me and smiled, handing me the stuffed goat fish thing.

"Here lil mama... This is for you." He said with a smile. I took it and hugged him.

"Aww thank you." I said, smiling. He pulled me over to the feris wheel.

"I used to all up and have one as a kid. Just like that one, just a little smaller. It looked like my motherfuckin lusus." He said as we waited in line.

"Lusus?" I asked.

"Our guardians." He explained. "Mine was the symbol of the miraculous Capricorn. A Mergoat. I just called him dad though... When he was home anyway..."

We both got in a seat and the wheel started turning.

"When he was home?"

"He never really motherfuckin stayed home often..." He said with a frown. "B-but that was ok I guess... I mean not every motherfuckers gonna have time to-" He stopped in the middle of his sentence. I looked over at him and saw that his eyes were wide. The feris wheel kept going higher and higher.

"Gamzee?"

"W-why are we goin this m-motherfuckin high?..." He asked shakily.

"It's a feris wheel. It goes to the very top." I said, reaching for his hand. He held mine in a death grip, shaking.

"Fuck fuck fuck..." He mumbled.

"Gamzee it's ok..." I said reassuringly.

The feris wheel stopped at the very top. So much could be seen. The seat shook a little and so did Gamzee. His eyes were glued to the people down below. I gently leaned over, cupping his face in my hands, pulling him to look at me. His eyes were wide with fear. I leaned in slowly, putting my lips against his. He closed his eyes, getting lost in the kiss. Atleast it calmed him down.

I pulled away smiling and rested my forehead against his. He was blushing a bright indigo. I could see it under his face paint.

"I'm so motherfuckin flushed for you..." He whispered. I blushed and whispered back.

"I'm flushed for you too..."