Chapter 8

*Cynthia's POV*

It had been a week after we overheard their conversation. Since then, I had slept on the floor every night so Gamzee's back would feel better. I can't really lie... I have a small crush on him, even though he's a whole different species. Is that beastiality?... Even so, I'm still concerned about what Kanaya and Vriska were talking about... What did they mean snap? I doubt Gamzee could harm a fly...

"Yo, lil mama." Gamzee said from the box car. I had been thinking over the past week as i sat on the floor, my feet hanging out of the opening.

"Yeah?" I turned, looking at him. He grabbed a bottle of Faygo and sat down beside me.

"I wanted to ask if you wanted to all up and sleep in the motherfuckin bed tonight."

"Oh, no it's fine, really-"

"Don't all up and think that I haven't seen the way you've been wincin lil mama... I know the floor motherfuckin hurts..."

"Then you don't need to sleep on the floor either." I replied, frowning at him. He grinned and held my chin, gently turning my head. "That frown doesn't do anything lil mama... You're still beautiful."

My face became flustered and i looked away. He's been calling me beautiful for the past couple days... It's not that i didnt appreciate it. I just wasn't sure how to reply to it.

"T-thank you... " I mumbled, avoiding eye contact. He just chuckled and got up, walking farther back into the car. I watched as the sun set and the stars quickly appear. Gamzee talked about miracles alot and i was actually begining to understand why... Everything was so pretty when you just stopped to admire it. Even the people...

"Hey lil mama. Come to bed." I heard him say. I got up and made my way to my spot on the floor. He frowned as I layed down on the blankets that smelled like the carnival. I wrapped myself up in them and tried to look comfy, even thought they did infact hurt. I rolled around a little, trying to get comfortable, and the whole time i could feel his eyes on me.

"Lil mama..." He mumbled. I looked up at him and tried to speak like i had just woken up.

"Yeah?"

"Cut the act. Come to motherfuckin bed. I don't wanna see you all up and be uncomfortable." He said, while moving over in his bed. I blushed because one, he was inviting me (more like commanding me) to get in bed with him. And two, he still didn't have a shirt on...

I got up and layed down beside him, trying to be small so i wouldn't be a burden. He covered me with the blanket and wrapped an arm around my torso. I blushed and looked at him, eyes wide.

"Heh, it's ok lil mama. I like snugglin." He said with a grin. I blushed and didn't say anything after that. Soon, Gamzee was fast asleep, resting his head on my shoulder. It didn't really bother me much. I was just afraid he'd hurt me with his horns. Not intentionally, but by accident of course. Slowly, I fell into the same state as him.

"Haha, are you sure? Your mom says it's this way..."

"No Dad, I'm telling you. They relocated this year. Just take the left turn."

My father looked at the road signs and nodded. He turned the blinker on as it flashed to the left. My mother was smiling until she screamed, telling Dad to look out. The truck hit us broadside, hitting the driver's side first. My father snapped violently to the right side of the car and Mom's head broke the passenger side window. My head hit the window too, but it didn't break. The car rolled atleast twice and finally came to a stop upside down. Unfortunatly I was the only one left conscious... I watched as their limp bodies were suspended upside down from their seatbelts. Blood travled to the top of their heads, dripping down onto the roof of the car.

"M-MOM!" I screamed. Gamzee woke up and looked around, surprised.

"Lil mama! Are you alright??"

"Y-yeah, i'm fine. I-it's ok..."

"You have tears streaming down your motherfuckin face... What's wrong?"

"Nothing. J-just a bad dream..."

"You'll all up and feel better if you talk about it..." He urged, setting a hand on my shoulder. I couldn't take it anymore. More tears came and I told him.

"W-well... I've already told you m-my parents died... What i d-didn't tell you, was that i-it was my fault..." I began.

I spent the next hour talking and explaining what happened. He just listened and nodded his head, letting me go on. Finally, when I finished, he pulled me inti a hug and rocked me back and forth. It was so comfortable... I never wanted to move.

"It ain't your motherfuckin fault lil mama..."

"B-but-"

"Cynthia..." He said strictly. That's the first tine i've heard him say my name... "It ain't your fault..." He pulled back and looked at my face, red from crying. He pushed back a strand of hair that was left swaying infront of my face. Then within a matter of seconds, he leaned foreward, placing his lips to mine. Was he kissing me?

He was kissing me...

It was simple, but it got the point across. He layed back down, holding me to his chest, stroking my hair.

"U-uh Gamzee?"

"This always motherfuckin calms me down... I thought it might all up and work with you too..."

I nodded and closed my eyes, listening to his heart beat. Soon, I fell asleep, having